Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

April 16th, 2016 07:00

New Inspiron 7559 from outlet

I bought this last week, I have installed a new ssd drive alongside the the original drive. I cannot get the OS to install without errors, I have tried various usb sticks, tried using a Dell recovery usb made on the laptop and from a downloaded image, nothing works. I tried to contact support and I keep getting sent to the Dutch website - as that is where the laptop originated. I would like to obtain a proper dell recovery disc but cannot. as I am told it does not apply to my system - even though I bought it through the UK website?

Any Dell support there to help? I would like my warranty applied to when I registered the laptop - not February and the laptop origin updated to UK

75 Posts

April 17th, 2016 08:00

anyone any ideas? I have tried removing memory modules, removing the OS drive, scanning the new ssd nothing works, as soon as I try to install windows I get page fault errors and system reboots.

• 

16.7K Posts

April 18th, 2016 09:00

MADMACKEM ,

Dell UK would have to send you the OS,  USB key if you are inside warranty, The warranty starts when you bought it and not where it is registered. You also will need to remove the ssd drive you installed before any troubleshooting is done.

75 Posts

April 18th, 2016 11:00

How do I go about getting the USB key?, I followed a link for one but it keeps sending me to the Netherlands but they do not provide the OS to customers (So I believe). I received the laptop on April 12th this month. I have since managed to clone the OS across to my ssd but if anything goes wrong I will need to reinstall the OS onto the original drive.

I have tried all the options online and I keep getting redirected to the Dutch site - I work in a factory and have no access to telephones till after work at 5pm so telephoning is out of the question.

Thanks for your reply

• 

16.7K Posts

April 18th, 2016 11:00

madmackem,

If you are now in the US you will need to transfer your warranty and information by click the link below. it could take 2 weeks for this to be completed by the team that works this department. Once this is complete and your warranty is transferred you can click the link to request backup media.  If you are getting the Netherlands Dell Website you can clear your cookies and temp files. The US Dell support Link is below as well.

Support.Dell.com

Warranty and Ownership Transfer

Request Backup Media 

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

You would click my name in blue, then on the next page in the upper right corner, click the words "send private message"

No Events found!