Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

November 9th, 2015 15:00

New XPS15 - how to turn off awful window snap menu

Ok, so my new XPS 15 was just delivered. How do I turn off the awful control that pops up above the title bar when I drag a window. I assume it's Dell crapware as I'm very familiar with Windows 10 and have never seen it before. The control pops up when you try and move a window by dragging the title bar. It tries to snap your window to the side of the screen.

1 Message

May 15th, 2018 05:00

Nope, this does not solve it, even after restart.

1 Message

May 21st, 2018 05:00

Thanks for this, it always annoyed me but, rather than disabling it, I ended up just selecting the single screen option for each monitor.  Now it does make it quicker to drag an app to the other screen but doesn't try and stick it in a stupid sized window :)

I may yet disable it but at least I know how.  Cheers

2 Posts

June 26th, 2018 06:00

Too much fuss kicking for something trivial like this. On my XPS the snap popup only appears at the start of the dragging action then goes away, so its hardly a big thing. I actually found it useful when working with multiple monitors, especially at very high resolutions where having a single app window per monitor is a waste of space. 

October 2nd, 2018 15:00

@Pav2008 wrote:

Too much fuss kicking for something trivial like this. On my XPS the snap popup only appears at the start of the dragging action then goes away, so its hardly a big thing. 

If only. It usually unsticks, but not always. Today was particularly awful. It would be a LOT less awful if, it remains sticky for whatever reason, it were dismissable. It'd been annoying the living crudola out of me all day today.

I re-size my own windows for each window and each monitor the way I want them, not the way this "helpful" app dictates.

It really shouldn't have been buried in an unrelated app.

February 18th, 2019 10:00

The feature is pretty awful so I agree it should be disabled by default. 

1 Message

January 23rd, 2020 01:00

Thank you sooo much for the hint about the PremierColor app ridiculous default. I'd been googling for how to get rid of this for days! Everything was pointing to Dell DisplayManager that isn't even installed on my system. Glad to be rid of that useless window jerking just for trying to move a window to the side!

1 Message

April 24th, 2021 13:00

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

1 Message

June 10th, 2021 11:00

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for to fix the auto-sizing issue that resulted in this:

Window Snap Assist Setting.png

1 Message

April 14th, 2023 17:00

Open up Dell Display Manager App that is on your computer (search for it and your computer will find it on your PC).

Once opened.  Go to EASY ARRANGE and open that.

Once that is open you'll see the annoying screen size examples we're trying to get rid of (they show up every time on your screen when you drag a file, video, etc.) THEN go down below them and choose MORE - open that.

Then on the right side of that app at the top is Layout Easy Memory and Settings. OPEN SETTINGS - go down to the bottom where it says APPLICATION WINDOW SNAP and slide it over to shut it off.  PROBLEM SOLVED.

1 Message

September 6th, 2023 16:18

@Joe Wenzel​ Legend!! This has been driving me crazy :) I figured out how to turn off the Windows snap one, then realised there was another one that was even worse hiding underneath it. I would never have found this!

No Events found!