Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 2nd, 2016 03:00

Not Able to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Dear All,

Am in a Serious Trouble.

I bought a new Laptop Dell INSPIRON 5559 with Windows 10 Home OS in it, i want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, So i bought i Win 10 pro CD OEM Pack and installed, after the installation ,the OS still showing Windows 10 Home.  I deleted all the partitions from the HDD and did a clean installation, still showing the same OS. So Guys! any suggestions or Solutions, am in a serious trouble. Please update.

Thanks 

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

February 2nd, 2016 12:00

The Windows 10 TH2 installation media incorporates 2 Editions Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro. The Windows 10 Home UEFI BIOS embedded SLP key is automatically input during the installation and the Home Edition is hence selected.

If its a Retail key you can change the key after installation.

If its an OEM system builder license, strictly it should only be used on a machine that you have built and then the license should be sold with the machine... From here: https://www.microsoft.com/OEM/en/licensing/sblicensing/Pages/windows-licensing-for-personal-use.aspx#fbid=uxpqvOVhpRz

• "System builder products may only be used to preinstall as the operating system on a customer system you build to sell to an end user."
  • "System builder products may not be used as an upgrade license to an existing underlying Windows operating system."

Unofficially a generic product key can be input to change Edition from Home to Pro and then activation can be carried out with the OEM key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0glz_CgHTeI&index=7&list=PL1RkaknDn7v-Ucth4gt0U3BHVSY7oNkWr

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

February 2nd, 2016 07:00

Well at least you don't have a bricked PC.

Where did you buy your Windows 10 DVD ?

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2016 13:00

i purchased a OEM Pack and tried the same, but its not working. any other solutions?

1 Message

December 27th, 2019 02:00

The best way to activate your genuine windows is to download an. ISO file of single language Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft official site. Burn it on a DVD. This for sure does NOT have Windows 10 home option which am sure you want to get rid of.

Reinstall the fresh Windows 10 Pro and during installation it will prompt you for your installation activation key. Enter your windows genuine code and click on continue.  Windows will activate itself as soon as you are online. 

Hope this works 

Reinstall Windows 

No Events found!