Start a Conversation

Unsolved

SB

2 Posts

June 27th, 2019 13:00

OpenGL for windows 10

Sorry if I become a bother. 

So I got a new monitor for the desktop and it does works fine(from time to time it starts acting up but overall is better than the other.)and I started downloading a painting software for it and I noticed that it was opening up. So I tried playing some games,and it was saying something about the opengl not being up to date. I tried updating it but overall is the same. Is there any way I can update my opengl ?

• 

16.7K Posts

June 28th, 2019 04:00

Strawberry-banana,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 1st, 2019 06:00

OpenGL is VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY OLD software.

Many playback Codecs are Removed from windows.

Opengl is being replaced by VULKAN.

Vulkan is a new API for hardware-accelerated graphics (and general computation) via traditional GPUs. 

You may be able to get the game working.  HOWEVER several components will need to be added back.

Which VIDEO card do you have, WHICH os do you have, which model dell do you have?

What is the game you are trying to run?

I have been able to get very old games to run in WIN10 on my G7 7588 laptop with GTX1060 GPU.

Fallout 3, Fallout4, Fallout 76,  several steam titles,  etc.

As well as the ancient test utilities.  Tropics for example uses  DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11 and OpenGL.

https://benchmark.unigine.com/tropics

No Events found!