Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2016 12:00

Performed free upgrade to windows 10 EPIC failure and laptop has been useless since then - Please help

I have spend countless hours trying to fix the upgrade issues where a once perfectly functioning laptop Inspiron 17R 5737 was clearly stated by DELL as okay to upgrade.

BIG LIE

The upgrade has made my computer basically useless with problem after problem and no solutions but a bunch of run around answers and the standard it is out of warranty and you are on your own.

All I want is a copy of the original factory install to download so I can restore the computer to what it was and when it worked PERFECTLY. 

Where can I get this without having to pay for this, as I already purchased the computer and have been a loyal Dell customer for 12 years. 

Please someone help with a solution, at this point I can care less about the content on the computer, I just need the computer to work as before.

Every day the CPU runs 100% for hours, the hard drive runs 100% for hours doing god know what and makes the computer unusable.

Need factory install to make this perfect hardware computer work again.

Thanks

Ike

• 

17K Posts

October 12th, 2016 09:00

thetico,

When you received your computer from Dell it came with a program to create your Windows 7 media.

Dell Backup and Recovery Basic was preloaded on new Dell Windows 7 and Windows 8 devices shipped before April 14, 2016, and offers the following features:
 Reinstall disks (rescue disks) for your device
•Reset your device to the original factory state
•Manually back up and restore your data

You can click the links below for information to get Windows OS.

Dell Windows Backup Media and Recovery Options.

No Events found!