Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2015 19:00

Repeated BSOD on Dell XPS-13

I'm seeing repeated BSOD's on my XPS-13 ("page fault in non-paged area").  I've rebuilt it from scratch several times but the same problem crops up within a few days.  On the most recent rebuild I've added NOTHING other than default Windows 10 and subsequent updates.  No antivirus, no Office 2016, no Hyper-V, no machine specific drivers from Dell, nothing.  So far so good but it's only been a few hours.  I'd be interested to hear others experience.

• 

16.7K Posts

October 12th, 2015 10:00

AlohaBill77,

Try these steps below to see if they will resolve the error.

1) Open Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2) Click the Advanced System settings tab.

3) Under Performance, click Settings.

4) Click the Advanced tab.

5) Under Virtual Memory, click Change.

6) Click No paging file. Click OK, ok, ok and make sure to apply.

7) Restart your computer.

8) Open Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

9) Click the Advanced System settings tab.

10) Under Performance, click Settings.

11) Click the Advanced tab.

12) Under Virtual Memory, click Change.

13) Click System managed sized. Click OK, ok, ok and make sure to apply.

14) Restart your computer.

1 Message

October 13th, 2015 16:00

I have the exact same problem, with the exception that I have progressed a little further in the build. Specifically, I have installed the drivers as well as Windows (10).

What I did notice is that if I stick the machine in 'airplane' mode, it runs fine     ...except of course I then have no wifi, no internet, and two very expensive paper weights.

13 Posts

October 13th, 2015 19:00

Thanks Jesse!  I performed the steps above yesterday and so far no problems.  I did note that when I started and finished the page file was the same size and system managed.  In other words, it ended up the same as it started, but I cycled through no page file and then re-created it.  I'll update if I see anything different in the coming weeks, but thanks for your suggestion!

October 18th, 2015 20:00

Did it solve your problem?  OK so far?

13 Posts

October 19th, 2015 15:00

UPDATE:  it has now been one full week after following Jesse L's instructions and I have not had a single BSOD.  I reloaded everything I had running before and it all works fine, just like it should.  Interesting to me that I didn't really change the size or settings of the page file from what they were initially; just removed it and set it up again.  That seemed to do the trick - thanks Jesse!

No Events found!