Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2017 08:00

Touchscreen stopped working + no HID in device manager + Unknown USB device

Hi,

My 7270 latitude touch screen stopped working shortly after first use (after win update worked again but for a short time).

All drivers are up to date.

In device manager a USB device shows as unknown (yellow warning triangle), otherwise there are no indications to the source of the problem.  There is no other touch screen device showing in device manager. 

How do I perminently solve this?

Thanks

2 Posts

June 19th, 2018 20:00

Finally something that seems to be working for my old and trusted XT3

The HID touch driver was hidden under NTRIG :)

WOW. thank you so much !

1 Message

July 15th, 2018 08:00

can you please explain little more how you managed to fix it. i am having same issue with DELL inspiron 5378.. what is NTRIG

1 Message

September 14th, 2018 15:00

I have the same idea. Reinstalled windows 3 times, installed and tried all of the drivers for my device (dell 7579). Still no touch screen or HID touch screen in the device manager. I do have a "unknown USB device descriptor request failed" and yes I've tried updating the drivers on it a million times and no its not worked.

What are the Ntrig steps?! Not heard that one before, please help :Sad::Crying:

1 Message

February 27th, 2019 12:00

It's disappointing you found the NTRIG solution but then don't explain it in more detail to help me and my less tech-savvy brothers and sisters

January 26th, 2022 21:00

I had the same issue. I solved it by installing this driver 'AUO LCD Panel Firmware Update'.

Similar for your laptop model - https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-in/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=9cd69&oscode=wt64a&productcode=inspiron-15-7579-2-in-1-laptop

No Events found!