Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 2nd, 2015 14:00

Upgrade to Premium Edition of Dell Backup and Recovery Message

Laptop continually receives the message below after upgrading to Windows 10. User chooses "Do not remind me" at every log in, however the message always reappears. Other problems like altered start up and system responsiveness are effected.

Is it possible to stop the notification?

Windows 10 OS Upgrade

We see you have upgraded Windows. You can only recover your device back to the older version of Windows. If you want to back up or recover your current version of Windows and all of your data, please upgrade to the Premium Edition of Dell Backup and Recovery, create a System Backup and enjoy the new features that Premium has to offer.

Please choose one of the following:

Show me the benefits of the Premium Edition
Do not remind me

September 21st, 2015 13:00

The message stopped appearing.

3 Posts

September 22nd, 2015 03:00

Agreed - message has stopped appearing.

Prior to this, I had set the Service "SoftThinks Agent Service" to Manual, but was worried I might lose out on something. Yesterday I set it back to Automatc (Delayed), and today I started up my PC and no more annoying message.

3 Posts

September 3rd, 2015 00:00

I have exactly the same problem.

I would have thought that a month after upgrading my Dell laptop from stock 8.1 to Windows free 10 that this message would disappear. How many ways are there of interpreting "Do not remind me" are there, and how many times do you have to answer the same question the same way?

Dell please let us know how to get rid of this message - it annoys me every day...

7 Posts

September 16th, 2015 08:00

How long do we have to wait for Dell to answer this problem?

September 22nd, 2015 06:00

Clean boot was also performed possibly clearing old data.

3 Posts

September 29th, 2015 02:00

Well that popup reappeared again on Sunday! (I shutdown and start my laptop every day).

Dell have you actually fixed the issue, or has the message expired and reappeared after a Dell update?

Either way - PLEASE SORT IT OUT!!!

October 6th, 2015 05:00

Computer updated by the Dell Update application. A new blue and white folder icon installed as a DFS process. Try to update or call tech support.

1 Message

November 4th, 2015 18:00

Hello Todd,

Were you or anyone able to 100% solve this issue? This is so annoying. I keep clicking on the Do not remind me message and of course it reappears after I reboot my laptop.

Thanks!

November 5th, 2015 12:00

The message stopped after performing the clean boot. Microsoft's website lists the instructions for the clean boot. The Dell Update utility also upgraded after. You can search Dell's website to determine whether the utility updated.

No Events found!