Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

February 21st, 2018 13:00

WINRETOOLS and PBR Image low disk space warnings

My wife's computer is constantly popping up warnings that WINRETOOLS and PBR Image are low on disk space. WINRETOOLS shows 3.93 MB free of 749 MB and PBR Image shows 722 MB free of 10.3 GB.

I found a Forum post from 2015 regarding the WINRETOOLS low disk space warning that suggested editing the registry to stop the warning pop-ups (https://www.dell.com/community/Windows-10/winretools-low-disk-space-warning/m-p/5936558#M11473).  When I opened Registry Editor and navigated to the suggested line listed here (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer) I found that there is no Explorer listed under Policies.  I haven't been able to find any other information or solutions to these problems.  

The computer is a Dell Inspiron 3847 running Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.192.

Any help with getting rid of the warnings or resizing the partitions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 21st, 2018 20:00

Do the partitions have a drive letter?  If they do, data may being written to them.

I would ask for a Disk Management picture of the drive.  I just checked so you may be able to attach one but I have not yet tried since they changed the Photo options...

No Events found!