Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2017 09:00

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 kills the hdmi port on my OptiPlex 7050

I updated my OptiPlex 7050 to the Fall Creators Update 1709 and my HDMI port has stopped working.  I'm running a dual monitor system, one monitor is using the display port and the other is using HDMI port.  After the update the port just stopped functioning. 

Here's what I've tried:

• I've tried three different monitors
  • Tried three different hdmi cables, plus one HDMI to display port
  • Flashed the BIOS
  • Installed the latest display drivers from Dell

As soon as I roll back the update, everything is fine.  To stop Windows to keep trying to update, I've set the branch readiness level to "Current Branch for Business" and deferred it for 365 days. 

Is anyone else having this problem? 

I'm in No hurry to install this update! 

16 Posts

November 18th, 2017 12:00

I have the same problem!

I'd reinstall all of dell's drivers but no success. 

And deleted windows.old already... sadly

December 1st, 2017 06:00

Same problem with XPS8700.

December 26th, 2017 03:00

Did you find any fix? I am having the same problem. My port is working but its displaying only static and sometimes current display split in half with static in between.

I contacted Microsoft Support but they said its maybe a cable issue, so I bought a new cable but its still not working, then they said to revert the current build and upgrade it again, tried it 3 times; not working.

I dual booted into Ubuntu 17.10 and it works... It also works in previous build...

I am using Dell Inspiron 7560.

3 Posts

January 1st, 2018 18:00

Hello. Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I also have an optiplex 7050 and THANK GOD I had the installation error that doesnt install the fall creators update. I really want to update (whenever I find the reason as to why the update won't install), but I don't want to kill my HDMI port, because i only have an HDMI cable. It'll be such a bummer.

By the way, I'm new to the forum. Joined because I want to know more about this situation and if it will ever get a fix. I may also help with some contributions if I have some free time :)

16 Posts

January 21st, 2018 07:00

Came an update from Intel last week. everything ok

16 Posts

January 21st, 2018 07:00

Hi,

Came an update from Intel last week. everything ok

February 2nd, 2018 03:00

Yes, I have the exact same problem after the update - no HDMI signal received by my monitor.  I had to use an old monitor with a VGA connection to get on to the screen again and then uninstall the update, before putting it back on the new monitor which then worked with the HDMI connection.  I have had to set the Windows Update to a metered connection to stop it installing again automatically (it keep trying now unsuccessfully) and I am waiting for the fix to come out before even thinking of having another try.

No Events found!