Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

March 16th, 2019 06:00

Windows 10 Hacktool:Win32/AutoKMS

I purchased Dell G7 15 7588 i7 1tb hdd 128ssd from a partner retail shop five days ago.

Later on, I found a Hacktool:Win32/AutoKMS threat. I googled is and found out that it means the Windows is not genuine. (Run-> slmgr.vbs /dli -> Windows Script Host -> Volume activation expiration :251994 minute(s) (175 day(s)) 

I tried to contact dell but after a day from posting the support request and receiving an email, the request disappeared.  

Now, is that normal? shouldn't I get a genuine windows version when I legit just bought the laptop? and the threat dangerous? I am planning to go to the support center but I want to make sure they will solve the problem. Also, I can't go back to the partner retail shop because I don't trust them anymore. 

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 18th, 2019 04:00

The Windows 10 key will be in bios.

The hack tool means the reseller does not bother to do installs legitimately.

If you use windows 10 1809 DVD aka System Builder media and USB drive and do a clean install this will go away.

This has nothing to do with dell because this is obviously not an authorized dell reseller.

Authorized Microsoft and Dell resellers reinstall legitimately and do not have activation issues.

Microsoft has an official download link for this

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Under Select edition drop-down, click on Windows 10 under October 2018 Update and hit Confirm. [There will be only one Windows DISK since this works for both Pro and Home editions] 

Under Select the product language, choose your language > Confirm.

You will now see two tabs to download either the 32-bit or the 64-bit Windows 10 October 2018 Update. Simply click on the right one and the download will begin.

64 bit only is the only option for Skylake and Newer Processors.

All vendors are dropping support for 32 bit windows and drivers.

Also note that 1809 is more than 4.7 gigs so you will need a DUAL LAYER 8 gig DVD if you want to burn a DVD.

That said you SHOULD BURN THE DVD at 1X or 2X or 4X speed max.

Trying to burn the media at 8x or 16x will lead to errors and failed install.

USB Sticks should be at LEAST 16 gigs and be USB 2 versions.

Smaller than 16 and Larger than 32 is also an issue due to FAT16 EXFAT vs FAT32.  USB 3.0 flash drives have other protocol issues that cause them to fail.  This is also why on some older dells you must install via the USB2 ports rather than USB 3.0 ports.

I recommend  SDCZ50-032G-B35

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Blade-SDCZ50-032G-Flash/dp/B074N44WLN/

No Events found!