Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JL

June 29th, 2016 17:00

Windows 10 Mail App Question

What happened to my option of having my mail delivered as it arrives?  I don't use this app a lot, but I'm pretty sure I had that option before updating to 10.  It should be the first option on the list below.

(I pasted a screen shot here, but I don't see it).

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 30th, 2016 02:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

As i understand that after you updated the system to windows 10 you are not able to receive any emails.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Thanks

Robin

480 Posts

June 30th, 2016 09:00

Thank you for your attention Robin.

No, that is not what I am saying.  I am only referring to the Mail app on the Windows Starts Screen.  

I forgot how to post a picture here, so please look at the picture in this link (from another site):

http://www.groovypost.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/sshot-66.png

As you can see, the first option on the list displays your emails "As they arrive".  That option is missing on my computers.  The best I can do is "every 15 minutes".  I read on one of the sites where I researched this, that some accounts are set up that way, but I don't know what to do to change it so that I will get my emails (in the Windows Mail app) as they arrive.  I'm pretty sure (but I could be wrong) that I was getting messages as the arrived under Windows 8.1.

When I use my Thunderbird mail client, I do get my emails as they arrive.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 1st, 2016 08:00

Hi,

Thank you for your reply .

Windows 10 periodically checks for updates so you don’t have to. When an update is available, it’s automatically downloaded and installed – keeping your PC up to date with the latest features.

To check for updates now, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

If the issue still persists, refer to the below link to deploy the Troubleshooter for Windows 10 apps and check if it help to resolve the issue.

windows.microsoft.com/.../run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Also, check if reconfiguring the Yahoo email account helps, i.e, removing and setting up the account again in Mail App.

Thanks

Robin

480 Posts

July 1st, 2016 09:00

I don't understand how your reply relates to my issue.

What does Windows updates have to do with with the missing option of having emails downloaded as the arrive?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 4th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

In case there are any pending windows updates on the system related to windows mail you will have issues with the application.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!