Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

RN

September 4th, 2017 01:00

Windows 10 Stuck Problem Inspiron 15 5558

Hello Guys. Im with windows 10 . this os is from recovery downloaded from support. then I want to update to anniversary update, but windows update not showing for an anniversary update. but if i use another operating system (windows 10) from Microsoft. I'm getting stuck . or using iso file from Microsoft.hope you understand

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 4th, 2017 12:00

And....

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

" but if i use another operating system (windows 10) from Microsoft. I'm getting stuck "

Just making sure you're installing windows 10 correctly:

1. Insert the recovery media into a USB port or a DVD drive, depending on the format you used to create the recovery media.

2. Power the computer off.

3. Power the computer on and, at the Dell logo screen, tap the F12 key several times until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen.

4. At the boot menu, select the device under UEFI BOOT that matches your media type (USB or DVD).

5. Identify and select your language, time and currency format and keyboard input method in the below shown window. Click Next:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

The Anniversary update is old school, The latest windows update is the Creator Update, version 1703.

You must either installed Dell recovery media or install windows 10 from the Microsoft website. After you install windows 10, type Setting onto [Cortana] search box, click Update And Security, and select "Check for Updates". Install any available updates and restart your PC if required. Please don't wait later to install, select Restart Now.

No Events found!