Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 08:00

Windows 10 upgrade / internal power error BSOD

Hi, having Inspiron 15 that i just bought.

After update it worked 5 sec, and then got bsod and reason was internal power error.

googled, and uninstalled the AMD drivers, and now it seem to be working but without AMD ofcourse.

Please suggest a solution asap, i thought the Dell laptops were tested for Windows 10.

Thanks

July 29th, 2015 09:00

Same problem on my one.

I think the AMD driver available on Windows Update is not compatible.

Dell has just launched new Inspiron with Win10 embedded. Maybe new drivers will come out soon...?

4 Posts

July 29th, 2015 09:00

i disabled the AMD drivers, ran the Microsoft hide updates program, disabled all amd updates,  restarted and downloaded the new AMD drivers that were released today by them and the computer has been up and running for 15 mins now.

fingers crossed

July 29th, 2015 12:00

What about the others peripherals ?

4 Posts

July 29th, 2015 12:00

Havent noticed any other problems, computer has been working for hours now without problem. Touchpad, touchscreen, sound etc working fine.

1 Message

July 29th, 2015 13:00

how did you uninstalled ? I am having same problem

6 Posts

July 29th, 2015 14:00

i've tried the AMD suggestion without success.  can just about mange to enable safe mode before it crashes, but not with networking. ell calling me back tomorrow but told me I was first call about this issue. they say it isn't AMD related but didn't actually say what the issue is. t seem they want to make registry changes and delete temporary files... hmmm. not the upgrade experience I was expecting.

6 Posts

July 29th, 2015 14:00

I spoke too soon.  now can't even manage to select boot to safe mode before it crashes. windows doesn't seem to be picking up the crash and selection safe boot on its own. arhhhhh. ny help appreciated.

July 29th, 2015 15:00

In the device manager, do you have some unknown devices ?

Which drivers did you install ? 8.1 ?

1 Message

July 29th, 2015 16:00

Same situation, would love a resolution

4 Posts

July 29th, 2015 23:00

Well.. restarted my computer this morning, and the problem is back.

Managed just to go and click the Recovery and roll back to Windows 8.1

I think i try again after 6 months..

6 Posts

July 30th, 2015 00:00

I just did standard upgrade so windows should have taken care of getting the right drivers. system won't stay working long enough for me to check device manager, and in safe mode loads of drivers say not loaded due to safe mode. plus safe mode with networking doesn't actually give me any network. all very frustrating. vwill share here what dell tell me.. hopefully they will resolve on the phone tonight. hopefully....

6 Posts

July 30th, 2015 13:00

Dell didn't phone me back tonight as promised yesterday, so I still have unusable pc. very poor show. I will reply when I find out more.

July 31st, 2015 05:00

I'm having the same problem. I managed to successfully roll back to windows 8.1, but without a definitive explanation of how to fix the problem, I'm not going to try to install Windows 10.

6 Posts

July 31st, 2015 09:00

I've rolled back to 8.1  but that is broken too. windows update refusing to complete. what a mess. ell told me the issue is with AMD driver, and new version released yesterday. but I had more issues than just that, with networking also broken and unable to get that working. then I couldn't even get into settings. so I don't think dell really know yet what a full resolution is. and certainly they couldn't fix my system.

August 1st, 2015 11:00

this solved my Internal_power_error

http://www.onehackup.com/2015/08/01/internal-power-error-dell-laptop-error-solved/

its because the AMD driver is not compatible with windows 10

No Events found!