Not applicable

RE: XPS 15-9560, 5 to 10 second freezing

Jump to solution

I received my xps 15 9560 two days ago and am  experiencing the same intermittent freezing.  I tried the hardware 40 minute stress test on this web site.  The results showed the following message, "Your HD is not working correctly & should be replaced. Please fill out the following form & we will ship you a free replacement".  I am now waiting for Dell to ship me a box and way-bill.  I am relieved to know the problem is the HD.  Perhaps your problem(s) are the same intermittent HD failures.  I think the HD was Toshiba.  Have heard that Samsung drives are the fastest.  My wife's xps 13 is 2 years old and working flawlessly and I am hoping for the same for this machine after HD replacement.    

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I got my XPS 9560, Windows 10 Pro w Finger-print Reader 3 days ago. I seem to be experiencing the same problem. I am seeing lags, particularly when I open google chrome. Sometimes, webpage may freeze i.e. If I click the 'close tab' button, it will lag and freeze for 5/10 seconds before closing. Other times when I'm typing or doing a 'search' the input lags abit as well.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

When the problem still exists, try this blog.anichin.com/.../

2 Bronze

Jump to solution

did you get it fix?  I have the same problem only when i use chrome! if you use chrome:  go to dell support download the latest driver for Intel.   Then go setting on chrome and disable hardware acceleration, when it restarted close the browser and install driver, restart  windows, go back to chrome and enable acceleration again... see if it fix.  btw, this info i got somewhere in dell community ....

Not applicable

Jump to solution

i have this exact same issue, they sent me out a brand new machine, same thing, i want to send both back and get a full refund!!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have same problem and have been through 2 different Dell XPS15s top end configuration.  Still no resoution.

0 Kudos
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

Hi brown and max...:emotion-2:

I've read a lot of posts about the freezing / lagging on the XPS 9560. Most of them reported a issue with the Intel HD Graphics driver. If you haven't done so yet, I'd suggest trying the steps in rezat 1000 blog above and see if that will make a difference.  Please create a system restore point before attempting steps:

1. Type Create Restore Point onto [Cortana] search box, and then 'Create'

2. Download the latest .zip file for the Intel GPU driver from Intel - Official Site

3. Type Device Manager onto the search box, expand the Display Adapters, right-click Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 and select Update Driver Software…

4. Browse my computer for driver software

5. Let me pick from a list of devices on my computer.

6. Have disk, navigate to extracted zip file contents and the "Graphics" folder within.

7. It should show a Graphics 620 driver afterwards, click install, and then restart system. Hopefully problem is fix now.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I got my new XPS 15 9560 a week ago.    I had this freezing problem from Day 1 (Windows 10), but it only happened when I was using Chrome, or had at least one Chrome window open.    The whole machine froze for 10-20 seconds, about every 10-15 minutes - but occasionally 2 or 3 times within 2 minutes.   I spoke with Dell twice, wasting hours, and in the end they wanted to rest the machine to factory settings.   I was about to return the machine, when a techie pal sent me this (from some forum he uses):

Disabling "Hardware Acceleration" fixed my chrome lagging issue.

chrome://settings/ >Show advanced settings… >System > Untick "Use hardware acceleration when available"

Restart Chrome by entering "chrome://restart" in omnibar without quotes.

I did this, and have been using the machine for a couple of days now, with multiple Chrome windows open - and no more problems.

Jump to solution

I'm on Dell's XPS Product Development team and wanted to let you know that we have a driver scheduled to be released in mid June that resolves this issue. I'll post an update when it's live.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

HI there Luke! I was wondering if this driver will also fix DPC latency on the laptop. I've been experiencing latency on my Dell XPS 15 9560 and am very disappointed at how it cracks and stutters when I use my music production software. I used Latencymon and it tells me that lots of drivers (acpi.sys and ndis.sys mainly) are the culprits. Please tell me there is a fix for this, I've tried everything and nothing seems to work.

0 Kudos