Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2015 00:00

XPS A 2170 and Windows compatibility

I am in the same camp here - purchase a high end machine that I assumed would last me some time,but here I am stuck on the W 10 upgrade.

The windows utility indicated that Intel components did not have drivers.  So I went to the Intel site, updated my drivers and checked, the core 17 3770S chip is windows 10 compatible.  

So my questions are:

what components are not compatible?  and

how can owners of 2710s upgrade their machines to be so?

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

August 22nd, 2015 11:00

You will have to find and/or install generic drivers as Dell is not supporting your computer for Windows 10.  While Intel may support the chipset, it is possible that Dell requested a modification and as such they would have to come out with drivers to get windows 10 to fully work.  That as it is, you could always back up your system and give it a try. Either way, Dell will not be supporting your computer with drivers. 

September 5th, 2015 13:00

I have been waiting for the Windows 10 upgrade for a long time. Have Dell definitively said they will not support Windows 10 on Dell XPS One 2710?

4 Posts

March 13th, 2016 14:00

Dell should have sent an email to all registered owners of machines they would not be supporting, warning them not to upgrade. My XPS One won't boot after Windows 10 upgrade, but all they're offering is to swap my motherboard with a reconditioned one plus £413! Outrageous!

4 Posts

March 13th, 2016 14:00

Dell should have sent an email to all registered owners of machines they would not be supporting, warning them not to upgrade. My XPS One won't boot after Windows 10 upgrade, but all they're offering is to swap my motherboard with a reconditioned one plus £413! Outrageous!

No Events found!