Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2017 15:00

Xps 13 9360: no bootable devices found

Hi

I have a xps 13 9360 with windows 10 and bios 1.3.5. today my laptop went low on battery so i plugged it in and pressed continue on the low batterie warning. It straight went to some diagonaitics that didnt have any result. After a restart it shows the dell logo for a few seconds and then goes to the dell support assist screen which says: no bootable devices found. How can i fix this?

Thanks and best regards

Stephan

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

October 4th, 2017 18:00

Can you private message me your Service Tag on the system? It sounds like the drive might have failed, but I would like to check. Also, did you run the full set of diagnostics?

Best regards,

Brad 

1 Message

November 1st, 2017 13:00

Hello,

I have the same OS (WIN10), same laptop (XPS 13 9360) and same BIOS (1.3.5) and I have experienced exactly the same problem (low battery - plug in - diagnostic). Also the message I have everytime I turn the PC on is the same: "no bootable device found".

I tried to run the complete testing and I got: All tests passed - validation: 107380

How can I fix this?

Thank you.

All the best,

Matteo

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

November 1st, 2017 20:00

Do either of you have the ability to modify when the diagnostic startup actions in the Bios?  I think my system mentions something about the number of boots and also has the ability to be turned off.

I have not tried any such setting so I cannot guarantee the results.

To be honest, I have seen hundreds of such problems and to this day, I do not know what is causing or why these situations happen.  I am thinking possibly something in the firmware lost what was in its memory in the low power situation.

1 Message

December 27th, 2017 10:00

Has anyone found a cure for this?  I have the exact same problem

6 Posts

December 27th, 2017 19:00

Enter into your UEFI/BIOS setup and restore the settings to factory default.

3 Posts

October 17th, 2018 09:00

Hello,

i sm having the EXACT same problem. My laptop battery died, upon plugging in and turning back on, SupportAssist would boot up, first running a memory test then saying “No bootable devices found.”

XPS 13 9360 (BIOS 2.7.1)

Cone on Dell, what’s going on?!?

No Events found!