Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2015 03:00

Your processor does not support NX - Vostro 1500

In each time I've tried to upgrade my vostro 1500 to win 10, the answer will be that my processor does not support NX. According to what i found it (the processor) should support the Execute disable bit.

Could you help me please..

Thanx

• 

17K Posts

August 24th, 2015 07:00

MetaL SpiriT ,

You can try booting into the bios by starting the computer and pressing F2. Look under the security section to see if there is an option to turn on NX. Other than that your system may not be able to run Windows 10.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 24th, 2015 13:00

I already checked that. It's mentioned as CPU XD Support, and it's already enabled.

The Bios is already updated with the latest update available which is A6 :emotion-6:

And the bios has bipolar disorder.

So DISABLE IT in bios and try again.

I already checked that. It's mentioned as CPU XD Support, and it's already enabled.

The Bios is already updated with the latest update available which is A6 :emotion-6:

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

Some systems in bios have bipolar disorder.   If you enable NX it says its not available and if you disable NX it says its fine.   So if its in bios and says enabled try rebooting with it disabled.  If it says disabled then enable it and try again.   If you get an error about CompareExchange 128 not allowing install then you must use the 32 bit version of windows 8.1 or windows 10.

The feature is sometimes called EXECUTE Disable Bit. Other Times its called CPU XD Support.  Either way its under the Security Tab.

Pentium 4 processors from 2005 and later are required. Older socket 478 processors will not have this.  For 64 bit windows 8.1 or 10 the minimum working cpu is Pressler 900 series Pentium D 915 to 960.

You are right. (the 2nd attached pic is the bios of my Vostro). It's called CPU XD SUPPORT. I already tried to upgrade it in both cases (enabled & disabled) but it was in vain, any other solution? 

August 25th, 2015 14:00

I tried before to upgrade it while the XD was disabled but it didn't work, but yesterday I re-updated the bios again and then tried  to upgrade it (first when it's enabled and then when it's disabled) and it worked :emotion-2: .

Thanx a lot.

August 14th, 2024 02:19

@DELL-Jesse L CPU XD Support 

No Events found!