Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

OC

January 23rd, 2018 10:00

black screen after win 10 automatic update

I have a Inspiron 3650 and after Dell automatic updated my computer freeze up or locked up, so did a hard boot and after that, so the display reads no signal and goes into power saver mode. I have tried just about everything except open the case, but still checking display, power cord and display peripheral connector. I did some on line research at Microsoft and There is correlation between Microsoft web site claims updates from outside vendors other than micro-soft can deliver bad drivers, virus and black display screen and no-signal complaint and the $129. ransom requested by Dell India trouble ticket 959812148 for repairs.

35 Posts

January 23rd, 2018 22:00

Well, I don’t know much about your complaints for outside vendors and Microsoft correlation, so can’t help you out in this case.

Despite this as you said after Dell automatic updated your computer freeze up or locked up then this might be a issue related to your system device drivers.

So check for the device drivers are they outdated or corrupted, in many cases if the system drivers are missing, outdated or corrupted then the users start facing this type of issue.

You can make use of the Device Manager to check for the outdated drivers. Follow the steps to run it:

Open the Control Panel > go to Device Manager > select Start, Run, type devmgmt.msc, and press ENTER. Check for the problematic drivers.  

You can install the latest driver from the manufacturer website and install the latest or update the older one.

Hope doing this will help you out. Or you can also try the free driver booster to fix the drivers related issues automatically.

9 Posts

June 6th, 2018 20:00

If there is a black screen, how can one check ANYTHING? My Inspiron gives 4 beeps in sequence, but there is no signal to the screen.

No Events found!