Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2015 07:00

dell inspiron 14 7437 - battery drain while power off

This isuse happen after upgrading to Window 10. The battery is full when I turn off the laptop then go to bed. At the next day morning, I could not turn on the laptop and it is warm (It looks like their is something running on laptop while power off) then I plug-in the power adapter and laptop can be turn on. I checked and saw that the battery is 0%.

This issue always happen on my latop after upgrade to Window 10. Please help.

371 Posts

September 2nd, 2015 12:00

for me 3542 dell

in control panel

remove programs

intel rapid storage

intel security assist

intel management engine

my problem solved

16 Posts

September 15th, 2015 13:00

I have also noticed this. Even when my battery is only drained to say 80% I notice I have to hold the power button down for 10 seconds for the laptop to turn on. This does not happen every time. The laptop seems to be slightly warm and something is obviously still running. The laptop is completely off (not in hibernate or sleep).

3 Posts

October 18th, 2015 10:00

This seems to be a common problem with Windows 10. The culprit is Intel's Management Engine (IME) v11.* Ever since v10.* this has been a problem. What you need to do is to install a V9 or V10 IME and the system will operate as it should as it relates to power off, sleep, and hibernate. I had the same problem and rregressed driver to v10 and everything has been fine since. 2 weeks and no troubles.

If you can't find the back level drivers on the Dell site, get the Intel ME driver here

January 9th, 2016 17:00

Thank you for this topic and the good answers. They helped me. But just for an upgrade solution, Dell released a new version 11 of IME in Dec 2015, it solves this issue too.

No Events found!