Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2015 08:00

"the update installer operation is unsuccessful" getting error on each driver installation on my new laptop dell 5558 black one window 8.1 pro 64 bit.

i am fed up with this, firstly i installed win 10 , getting same error so i shifted to win 8.1 now again same issue, that is really sad, why you create laptops when you cant upload proper drivers, laptop is useless without drivers and my laptop have 4gg graphics card also but its *** as all game etc use local hd driver instead of my card and i get o performance in running any game.

please help me with drivers i am fed up with this.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 8th, 2015 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

What driver are you trying to install in particular and what hardware IDs do you have?

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-and-installing-dell-system-drivers-in-the-correct-order/checking-hardware-ids-in-the-device-manager/

Also the size of the downloaded driver, in case its an incomplete download. 

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

Thanks

Robin

1 Message

February 24th, 2016 12:00

I officially uodated my os to Windows 8.1 from the windows store but my Bluetooth stopped working. Already tried the popular fix online with the driver frm dell support but it's nt installing. Grtting fed up of retrying with the same result any important note or solution?

No Events found!