Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2018 10:00

-

Hello, on my laptop (Dell, Inspiron 5559, i5-6200 U, 8Gb Ram), when I close the lid and open it again the screen stays black or like many pixels and sometimes performs a kind of flashing image of milliseconds and I can not do anything, also when it turns off after being inactive, so I have to force it to turn it off which I do not like but it is the only way and turn on again to be able to use it. Does anyone know what can cause it and how to solve it?

1 Message

January 29th, 2018 02:00

I have the same problem which started about the same time. I think it was a bios update or graphics card update.  I have a Inspiron 17 7000 Series.  I have tried uninstalling the graphic card drivers but still no fix.

I believe when closing the lid,  windows 10 loses the settings for graphics card and then tries to reinitialise the card and after 10 minutes or so, is successful and displays the login screen.  While trying to find the correct settings the screen switches from a black screen to a screen with grey lines and where the mouse pointer would be is a grey box which you can move.

I also resort to a hard boot as it is quicker than waiting.

Chris

No Events found!