Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2015 07:00

winretools low disk space warning

How do you stop this pop up reminder. I am running win 10 OS.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 4th, 2015 05:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Kindly follow the steps below :

To disable these balloon messages follow the steps below:

1. Open the Registry Editor by clicking on Start -> Run and running REGEDIT.

2. Navigate to the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

3. Right-click in the blank area of the right-hand pane of the Registry Editor and create a new DWORD Value by selecting New -> DWORD Value.

4. Name this new DWORD Value NoLowDiscSpaceChecks

5. Double-click on the new DWORD value and assign it a value of 1.

6. Close the Registry Editor and restart the computer.

Kindly let us know if there are any issues.

Thanks

Robin

3 Posts

February 18th, 2018 09:00

My wife's computer is constantly popping up warnings that WINRETOOLS and PBR Image are low on disk space. WINRETOOLS shows 3.93 MB free of 749 MB and PBR Image shows 722 MB free of 10.3 GB. 

When I opened Registry Editor and navigated to the **bleep** listed here (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer) I found that there is no Explorer listed under Policies. 

The computer is a Dell Inspiron 3847 running Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.192. 

Any help with getting rid of the warnings or resizing the partitions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 21st, 2018 13:00

The thread is from 2015 ..  Things have probably changed quite a bit.

I assume you are running a Legacy Win 10 install?  If the folders get too full it might effect your Windows updates/upgrades. 

In some cases those partitions have been replaced by new ones.  But if the partition has a drive letter attached to it, something may be accessing it when it is not normally allowed to do so.

You may want to start a new thread.  And I see the word Val+ue is still not being allowed...

No Events found!