Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

February 18th, 2014 04:00

AMD Radeon 8730M Windows 8.1 Graphics driver Problem

I have windows 8.1 running on Inspiron 15 3521 with Intel HD Graphis 4000 & AMD Radeon 8730M

AMD Radeon 8730M 13.151.0.0 A00 is the one with the problem. And AMD doesnt provide drivers for laptop because they let the laptop manufacturer provide them because of the built-in graphics drivers

The problem is with some games like Skyrim (with only Intel HD Graphics) it runs ok but slow respond in cursor and movement
So when I install AMD graphics driver (On High Performance in Switchable graphics), I get a massive FPS drop in menus or whenever there is text on screen that its so hard to control the cursor
While in Power Saving mode.. happens the vice versa.. massive FPS drop in gameplay.. While the cursor's movement in menu responds too fast like moving it in windows & this is wrong.. there should be cursor acceleration 

There is a driver called Advanced micro devices that I see in windows update.. when i try to install that, The game works fine with good respond and FPS except the whole screen keep flickering that it would hurt your eyes in 10 seconds.
[Video examples are available upon request]

I've tried running the game in window screen mode and it works totally fine.. no flickering nor fps drop nor anything. But it's lame in window mode

Another games with problems : Assassins creed II & LEGO Pirates

Note : I can't install the graphics driver for windows 8 on windows 8.1 (it fails everytime and i get a blank screen even after rebooting and will have to use system restore or reinstall OS) .. but it once worked with me and everything worked fine for only a while

Driver version is 13.151.0.0 A00.. so please update that

No Responses!
No Events found!