Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2013 11:00

Accidentally deleted recovery drive.

I have accidentally deleted recovery drive on my Inspiron 5521 system during partition creation. My system is in warranty period. So I wanted to know how can I get recovery discs for the system .

1.5K Posts

May 25th, 2013 13:00

Hi manish_12345,

You may recreate the recovery partition on the HDD. Please refer to the link: http://dell.to/19cQcHr.

However, while installing ‘Dell Backup and Recovery’ it takes the snapshot of HDD in current state and creates a recovery partition accordingly. I would recommend you to back up all the data, remove it from the system and then install ‘Dell Backup and Recovery’. For example if I have to create recovery media I will install ‘Dell Backup and Recovery’ with just the operating system, drivers and some basic applications. Basically, it’s possible to customize recovery partition and in turn the recovery media to your own convenience.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted with the results.

10 Posts

May 26th, 2013 03:00

I uninstalled Dell backup and recovery software and when I try to reinstall it I am getting the error.

"No Windows recovery environment found on the system.The setup will now exit."

1.5K Posts

May 28th, 2013 12:00

Hi manish_12345,

Please paste a screenshot of ‘Disk Management’ and we will take it further from there. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to ‘Control Panel’
  • Please ensure ‘View by’ option is selected as ‘Category’ at the top right hand side.
  • Click ‘System and Security’
  • Click ‘Administrative Tools’
  • Click ‘Computer Management’
  • Click ‘Disk Management’, located on the left-hand side of the Computer Management window, under the Storage heading. If you don't see it, you may need to expand Storage by clicking > icon.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you.

10 Posts

May 29th, 2013 08:00

DISK MANAGEMENT SCREENSHOT

1.5K Posts

May 29th, 2013 14:00

Hi manish_12345,

Thank you for the information. I would suggest you to delete the partitions ‘E’ and ‘G’. You may refer to the link: http://bit.ly/Zf05Am.

*Note: All data on a partition will be lost when you delete it. Be sure to back up any files that you want to save to a different location before you begin.

Install ‘Dell Backup and Recovery after deleting the partitions.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

10 Posts

June 1st, 2013 01:00

I will delete all the partitions. but I want to ask you one question.

If I delete all the partitions and recreate the image using Dell backup and recovery, then

Question 1 : Can I make partitions after doing this because if only C drive is present then whenever Recovery is done all the data on C drive will be deleted.

Question 2 : If I can create the partitions suppose C , D , E drive are present. Then if recovery is done will the data on D and E drive safe ?

1.5K Posts

June 1st, 2013 10:00

Hi manish_12345,

Yes, you may create partitions after recreating the image using ‘Dell Backup and Recovery’ using ‘Disk Management’. You may refer to the link: http://bit.ly/146BCAy.

If you do the system image recovery using recovery partition, apart from C:\ partition all other partitions will remain intact.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

22 Posts

June 2nd, 2013 11:00

Since you deleted, and since it seems you never made the BU disk... phone home and order the disk.

a customers (only cost $21.00) P-H-S

10 Posts

June 4th, 2013 12:00

10 Posts

June 4th, 2013 12:00

DISK MANAGEMENT VIEW AFTER DELETING ALL OTHER PARTITIONS...I am still getting the error while installing dell backup and recovery..

It is the latest version from the dell website.

error is

1.5K Posts

June 5th, 2013 12:00

Hi manish_12345,

Please provide me the Service Tag and the name as it appears on the account via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) so I may access your records and check for the further course of action.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you.

10 Posts

June 5th, 2013 21:00

Okay I have sent you service tag and customer name information ..who purchased it..in private conversation.

1.5K Posts

July 8th, 2013 13:00

Hi Manish,

Thank you for the response. I am glad the issue is resolved and the system is working fine now.

Please feel free to reply. I will be glad to assist you.

2 Posts

March 19th, 2019 02:00

Hello there, 

I have an xps 9360 (8550u) and I also accidentally deleted my recovery partition while installing a linux distro.

Could you help me re-create the related partition and restore my laptop to it's out-of-box state.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 19th, 2019 09:00

The current Tool Requires 16 or 32 gig max USB 2.0 flash drive.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln299044/how-to-download-and-use-the-dell-os-recovery-image-in-microsoft-windows?lang=en

What you will need

• Service Tag of the Dell PC on which you want to install Microsoft
  • wmic bios get serialnumber
    sudo dmidecode -s system-serial-number
  • Windows or Linux
  • Download and install Dell OS Recovery Tool (runs in Microsoft Windows only)
  • Blank USB flash drive with at least 16GB of free space
  • Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.2 or higher
  • Administrator user rights and at least 16GB of available storage space to download the Dell ISO recovery image
Note: For instructions on how to download the operating system recovery image and create a USB recovery key in Linux, refer to the Dell knowledge-base article How to download and use the Dell OS Recovery Image in Linux.

Ubuntu 18.04 released in April 2018 and will be supported until April 2023.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BionicBeaver/ReleaseNotes/ChangeSummary/18.04.2

Ubuntu 12.04's LTS period ended April 28, 2017, you can purchase an Ubuntu 12.04 Extended Security Maintenance (ESM) license. Unlike the newer versions of Ubuntu, these updates won't be free.

http://releases.ubuntu.com/18.04.2/

64-bit PC (AMD64) desktop image

64-bit PC (AMD64) server install image

Ubuntu 12.04 patches will be available only through the Ubuntu Advantage support plan. Prices start at $150 per year per server and $250 per year with a minimum of 10 virtual servers. The latter plan includes work week online and phone technical support. There's also a desktop plan, which will run you $150 per year per desktop with a minimum order of 50 desktops. These updates will be delivered in a secure, private archive available only to customers on a per-node basis.

ESM subscriptions will last for at least twelve months.

No Events found!