Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

PK

October 22nd, 2013 09:00

Aurora R4 Windows 8.1 Issues

This issue is solved by installing the newest command center 3.5.

Link here: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=P1K0M

Hope this helps you all.

Hi,

I recent upgraded my Windows 8 to 8.1 on my Aurora R4 which is bought in April 2013. After the upgrade, I found several issues:

1. SecureBoot is not configured as shown in the desktop.

So I enable it in BIOS and choose mode Standard. Looks fine to me.

2. AlienFX doesn't work any more.

No lights or blink on my desktop anymore. And after I shutdown the computer, the Alien Logo blink with red & orange light which is not my AlienFX theme. 

I believe I'm not the only one: http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19528731.aspx

3. Thermal Controller doesn't work as well.

This is the most annoying one. If I choose Auto( Alien Control ) in thermal controller, the PCI Fan & Hard Drive Fan will keep at 100% and make a loud noise. So right now I change it Manual( User Control ). But it still make a loud noise during booting ( Whole time booting from I push the button to the windows desktop shown up until the thermal controller start up, not just 3 or 4 seconds at the beginning as before ) and shutting down.

Could you provide us some updates of AlienFX & Thermal Controller to make them compatible with Windows 8.1 ASAP?

Thanks

31 Posts

November 8th, 2013 16:00

Still no solution. I had a long phone call and email from this guy (after a thousand phone calls through the normal channels and complaints that I wrote to board of directors)

He basically is saying its not Dell's fault and this is a software issue.

Can you guys back me up and contact this guy and explain to him that this IS a dell issue as it is DELL's responsibility to release an alienware patch that is compatible with windows 8.1

Prateek Nayak

Dell | Executive Customer Support Team

Phone:

UK : -         08444443336   

Ireland : -  0035312627633 

RSA : -       027 11 549 4003

My work schedule is 9:00 am - 6:00 pm GMT Monday to Friday. 

Also can you please email:

It has been what 3 weeks and still our $3000 systems are failing?????

71 Posts

November 13th, 2013 08:00

Hello Dell .. What is the update on this issue???

93 Posts

November 15th, 2013 16:00

it is so cool when dell literally gives no Substitute character removed as per TOU>
about their customers ...  makes me so satisfied that i ll be gladly buy again from dell ....

6 Posts

November 24th, 2013 06:00

Dell, could you please tell your community when will get the Windows 8.1 compatibility updates? 

71 Posts

November 28th, 2013 18:00

Dell simply don't care. nothing much to expectoral.

December 4th, 2013 07:00

Hi,

I've got exactly the same issue with the lights and fans.

Do you have any solution?

Regards

December 6th, 2013 09:00

Resolved.

71 Posts

December 6th, 2013 09:00

Hi there,

how can that fixed this issues? i have downloaded and install the 3.5 versions. problem still the same after restart? does anyone that have the problem get solved by using the 3.5 versions?

71 Posts

December 6th, 2013 10:00

I have gone through multiple time to uninstall and install 2 version of command centre.

basically before its working with "App_DT_AWCC28110_W8_Setup_442CY_ZPE" but problem arise when i restart the pc. 

with the new versions "App_NT_AWCC305010_W8_W81_W7_Setup_P1K0M_ZPE" is not working at all. both lights and thermal. restart or no restart.

I notice there is a update message firm current version 2.02.00 to 4.02.00 when i install the new version and vice versa.

In the end i revert back to the old original version (that work until i restart) however now even the old version did not work. WOW dell have 

screw up more. now the thermal,lights not even working after i install the old version several time. Now im stuck with non working light and thermal. 

How can this be. why i am stupid enough to install the new versions? what should i do now?

wasting my time

11 Posts

December 6th, 2013 11:00

You guys must be doing something wrong!

I've installed it and my computer works as before. No more light / fan problems 

I just simply downloaded for Win 8 64bit and the installed. 

71 Posts

Yes same Aurora R4

I have gone through multiple time to uninstall and install 2 version of command centre.

basically before its working with "App_DT_AWCC28110_W8_Setup_442CY_ZPE" but problem arise when i restart the pc. 

with the new versions "App_NT_AWCC305010_W8_W81_W7_Setup_P1K0M_ZPE" is not working at all. both lights and thermal. restart or no restart.

I notice there is a update message firm current version 2.02.00 to 4.02.00 when i install the new version and vice versa.

In the end i revert back to the old original version (that work until i restart) however now even the old version did not work. WOW dell have 

screw up more. now the thermal,lights not even working after i install the old version several time. Now im stuck with non working light and thermal. 

How can this be. why i am stupid enough to install the new versions? what should i do now?

wasting my time

What desktop are you using? Also Aurora R4?

31 Posts

Agree on wasting time point.

This is the third time I have installed one of these experimental command centres.

My issue is not fixed in fact the problem gets worse!

93 Posts

December 6th, 2013 12:00

for the time being my issue seems to be fixed. 

what i ve done was to uninstal completely the command center, restart my pc, and then install the new command center .... seems to be ok for now with minor little bugs but its fine

71 Posts

December 6th, 2013 12:00

can you list the full name of the driver? it is just a matter of uninstall and installing. not sure how can i get it wrong?

No Events found!