274.2K Posts

November 23rd, 2012 11:00

Can I istall windows 8 on Dell N5110?

Hello.

I have Dell N5110. Specs:

i5-2450m

6gb ram

Ge-Force gt525m

I wanted to know in case if I installed Windows 8 on my machine will it work properly? Because I didn't find any drivers for my video card in dell driver page. And I searched the internet and there were few topics about how Windows 8 aren't working properly on Dell.

or should I just wait when the proper drivers are released for my machine?

Thank you!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 23rd, 2012 11:00

Hi kazhax,

Yes the Inspiron N5110 is compatible with windows 8 operating system, as the system qualifies for the basic hard ware requirements for windows 8 operating system, but the support.dell.com web site is not updated with the compatible drivers as Inspiron N5110 was only tested on windows XP, vista and 7 operating systems.

You can run the windows 8 upgrade assistant from the below link to check if the system is compatible with windows 8 operating system.

Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-to-windows-8

If the assistant is asking for a specific driver for a particular hardware please try installing the drivers for windows 7 in compatibility mode or you need to install the driver from the hardware manufacturer’s website.

Please reply for any help.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

November 23rd, 2012 16:00

See here for advice on drivers after installing Windows 8.

1 Message

November 23rd, 2012 22:00

Hello, I have the same model as the OP. I just want to know if this model support installing windows 8 with UEFI. I have the latest BIOS version A11. But I can't find the UEFI boot option anywhere

1 Message

August 10th, 2020 04:00

I have windows 7 with 4gb of ram  

But can I install windows 8 on inspiring n5110

No Events found!