P

February 4th, 2018 23:00

Cannot start, Blue screen, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

My computer: Dell XPS 8700
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Every time I restart the computer. I will have to follow these three steps:

STEP 1: 
There is a blue screen warning:
Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then you can restart. (100%) If you ‘d like to know more, you. Can search online later for the error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 

STEP 2:
Then I push the power button of the computer to shut it down. And push the power button again to restart it. There is the warning for a second time, with a different error. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then you can restart. (100%). If you ‘d like to know more, you. Can search online later for the error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

STEP 3:
Then I push the power button of the computer to shut it down. And push the power button again to restart it.  This time it shows: Preparing Automatic Repair. If I choose [Advanced Option] - [Trouble Shoot] - [Dell Backup and Recovery]  and do nothing there and just exit. Restart computer and it can start up as normal. 

The next time the computer restarts, I have to follow the above three steps. It seems that going into [Dell Backup and Recovery] can help. May I know how to fix this problem. Thank you!

2 Posts

January 15th, 2019 06:00

The error named blue screen of death is an issue which stops the functioning of the system and shows the issue and your system reboots after gathering diagnostic information. This issue pops up with this issue “KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED” starts when you have problems with drivers. We have a solution to solve this error but in case you want to go for detailed methods then you can visit this webpage https://appuals.com/fix-kmode-exception-not-handled/

Possible Solution:
Keep in mind that this one isn’t the ultimate solution and will work for the time being. Click Windows + R to start the Run application. Write “control panel” and tap Enter in the dialogue box. Choose the option of Large icons and press on Power Options and tap “Choose what the power buttons do” that would be at the left side of the screen of your system. Here you will see an option which allows administrative privileges and titled would be Change Settings that are currently unavailable, just press it. Then go for the bottom of the screen and uncheck the box titled Turn on fast startup. Don’t forget to save all changes and then close. At the end reboot your system. You might probably be able to resolve this error.

No Events found!