Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2012 21:00

Dell Studio 1558 Support for Windows 8

Is Dell not going to provide driver support for Dell Studio 1558 Laptop?

If YES,   When?
If NO,     Why? 

Post edited by natakuc4 (below the line) so the following information is at the top of the first page:

Studio 1558 - Windows 8 64 bit Drivers (unofficial)

Likely this will cover the Studio 1555 also. Post any additions you find on this forum and if anything doesn't work in the list.

94 Posts

November 1st, 2012 09:00

My laptop is running fine.
but before this reply I never mention about a problem (little though) with my Dell Wireless Bluetooth Mouse.

Sometimes the mouse get disconnected; there's no exact duration. I thought it was because of the battery power.
But today now I boot my system to Win 7, and there is no problem with the mouse, i didn't change the batteries of the mouse. 

Current driver in Win 8 for the bluetooth module is http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS031999&rss=true

Anyone has face this problem too?? 

94 Posts

November 1st, 2012 11:00

@alcatraz99

Yes, It's working for me. ;)

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

My laptop is running fine.
but before this reply I never mention about a problem (little though) with my Dell Wireless Bluetooth Mouse.

Sometimes the mouse get disconnected; there's no exact duration. I thought it was because of the battery power.
But today now I boot my system to Win 7, and there is no problem with the mouse, i didn't change the batteries of the mouse. 

Current driver in Win 8 for the bluetooth module is http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS031999&rss=true

Anyone has face this problem too?? 

Why aren't you using the Dell Bluetooth 380 driver?

17 Posts

@ natakuc4,

Will the Dell STMicroelectronics DE351DL Motion Sensor Driver perfectly work with Dell Studio 1558? Is it safe?

94 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 08:00

@ natakuc4

I installed the driver you mention but the problem persists.

17 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 10:00

If anyone has warranty for Dell Studio 1558, you have the complete right to ask them for new drivers. This can be done via Dell's e-mail support.

Just informing you guys, as it is clearly written on that webpage.

Please, if anyone receives new drivers, share it with the members of this forum and the proud owners of Dell Studio 15 series laptop.

17 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 10:00

@tdas777

Just want Dell to release windows 8 drivers for Dell Studio 1558......This can surely make our laptops run the latest OS! :emotion-2:

Anyway, did this driver cause any problem to the other hardware components?

17 Posts

November 3rd, 2012 09:00

Hey guys, the Dell STMicroelectronics DE351DL Motion Sesor's route should be changed or kept as it is?

17 Posts

November 3rd, 2012 09:00

By the previous post, I mean how to install this driver.....

3 Posts

November 14th, 2012 20:00

I had a similar problem. The driver you listed is not what you want to install.  You want to the use the drop down menus on the right side of ATI's web page to select notebook, the adapter mobile and then the os version. You get taken to a page to download a driver verification tool. Installing this driver then prompts you to download a different driver, which has mobility in the name. I downloaded this and installed it and it's been great since.

Do not expect Dell to release any windows 8 drivers.

2 Posts

November 18th, 2012 10:00

Hello all,

We have upgraded with the latest BIOS as well as with the new mobility display driver.  However, my seconday display connected to the HDMI port is not displaying correctly.  The desktop image is not taking to complete screen size (1920 x 1080 recommended resolution).  I lose about ½ inch all around the display.  If I select 1680x1050, then the desktop image takes the full screen.

Any idea what could be my problem?

Thanks

94 Posts

November 18th, 2012 10:00

You mean for ATI mobility Raedon HD5470 ???

2 Posts

November 18th, 2012 11:00

Yes, it is my graphic card.

1 Message

December 10th, 2012 20:00

I have a dell studio 1558 core i7, exact issues (TDAS777 mentioned), i have been experiencing since i installed windows 8 pro (x64).
Studio 1558 is a famous product of Dell, they should not be this much lazy in releasing New Drivers for Studio 1558 compatible with windows 8 (all versions of windows 8).

Oh DELL personnel please dont forget Studio 1558. It was 1 of your FAMOUS Product, which some customers are still using...

January 22nd, 2013 14:00

Then why hasn't this been asked for in sufficient multitude by Studio 1558 owners if that is the case?

It would also if that right is to be taken at face value make far more sense to have ALL supporting drivers in place upon Windows 8's release and certainly before the promotional price for uptake and installation/registration expires on January 31.

Too often with this sort of thing it's people wanting to pull their hair out in anger and frustration at a botched install while others supposedly pat themselves on the back at their apparent ingenuity in doing it successfully.

When people are paying cash for upgrades to their PC's that Microsoft says should be perfectly compatible with a new Microsoft operating system if that is what they want to do then the PC manufacturer should be assisting them to to sort out any identified compatibility issues so that it just works for everybody without any mystery.

When this does not happen too many people are made to feel inept when it is the lack of support and undisputed knowledge so as to not make any upgrade instead of a clean install a farce that is inept.

No Events found!