Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2012 08:00

Dell Support !!!

According to Microsoft The requirement of your system is :

• Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)

• RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

• Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

• Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver.

but DELL XPS L401x Configuration fulfil the requirement all mention above.

Then what is problem with is system   ???

why this system is unable to install Windows 8 ???

Microsoft answer that the problem is with your Bios Driver. Actually i have purchased this system in feb 28 2011.

and its installed bios version is A06 which was last released on 12/24/2010. But after that we have not receive any bios update.

So according my point of view dell should improve their support for providing driver. So the new S/W like Win 8 can be installed on the Laptop/PC.

(benifit of updating BIOS can improve stability, add new features, reduce boot time and fix system glitches. You can turn hardware devices on or off and adjust the CPU (Central Processing Unit) and memory.)

4 Operator

• 

2.2K Posts

November 12th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

I would like to inform you Dell uploads Drivers/updates/developments only after testing it and make sure it’s stable for a particular system model. Drivers for Windows 8 on XPS L401X are unavailable on our Dell website as of now. Kindly bear with us.

You can check the link mentioned below which has workaround to install Windows 8:

http://dell.to/RASFDE

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

No Events found!