Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2013 18:00

Dual booting my Dell Inspiron

Hello Dell,

I'm looking for a step by step guide to assist me with dual booting my Dell Laptop. I have an Ultrabook That came Windows 8 pre-installed. I have A new copy of Windows 7 (32 bit) that I purchased with a legal product key. I want to install this as a secondary operating system. I would like to keep my windows 8 so that I can try to learn about it more. I have already made a back up disk image of Windows 8 on a 16-gig flash drive.

I would like you to know in advance that I don't want to use windows 7 with virtualization technology.

I looked around in my bios and noticed it is set to uefi. 

I believe i'm supposed to enable Legacy support. I notice that when I enable Legacy, I am able to get the windows 7 32 bit disk to load. when I do this, It doesn't detect the partition that I created for it in Windows 8. It says something like no drives detected please insert drivers disk. I have heard that I need to disable Intel Smart Response Technology....and change it to AHCI. Would someone be willing to give me a step by step guide? I really need both of these Operating systems on one laptop. This is the service tag ---> Service tag removed per privacy policy>

No Responses!
No Events found!