Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2013 11:00

[HELP] Facing Problems With Intel® Rapid Storage Technology On Windows 8 :(

Hi,

I have Dell Inspiron 15z 5523. I'm facing issue while configuring IRST on my system. It shows me following error " An unknown error occurred while an operation was in progress. The operation could not be completed ". I'm able to create two RAID 0 Arrays successfully, however I'm not able to select the device that needs to be accelerated(which is the hard disk drive). It shows the status as Accelerated Device : None, Accelerated Mode : None. I called Dell Customer Care 'n' number of times, but no one is helping me out with this issue. I'm facing this problem from past 2 months :emotion-6: :emotion-6:. I already installed 10 x times and tried almost all the way the Dell Representative guided me. Help me out please :emotion-6: . I want to use my system :emotion-9:

September 3rd, 2013 16:00

Hi HVN, what changes are you actually making in the ISRT Application? Please Describe a bit more cause these changes will not happen in UEFI Raid under certain circumstance and few are possible if the computer have separate Dedicated SSD HDD..

September 3rd, 2013 16:00

Hi Hvn,

If the computer is Under Warranty I will first Recommend you to uninstall the IRST application from Programs and features and then disconnect all the External Devices, Update the BIOS with the Latest version available on the Support Site, then Check in Bios (F2) if the Intel Rapid Start is Enable, if it is not then enable it, Install the Fresh Copy of IRST from http://caspan.com/2013/07/setting-up-new-machine-with-intel-smart-response-technology-and-rapid-start-technology/    reboot the computer and Check...

5 Posts

September 3rd, 2013 20:00

Hi Sir,

After installing the Windows 8 OS successfully with SATA RAID Controller drivers installed during OS Installation, I downloaded IRST App from Dell Support site under my Service Tag, After installing the IRST App, I rebooted my system, then I open its UI, selected Accelerate Tab, click on Enable Acceleration, Selected SATA SSD on Port 1, then selected Allocated size as 18.6GB, volume to accelerate as SATA disk on Port 0(HDD), Acceleration mode was kept as Enhanced Mode and cliked on OK, than it took 2-3mins and one error poped up " An unknown error occurred and selected disk or volume could not be accelerated. Please restart ... I restarted and started the same operation again, than it again gives me an error as specified in First Post! This problem is persisting from last 2 months sir :emotion-6: Even HDD, SDD, M/B replacement has been done till now.

5 Posts

September 3rd, 2013 20:00

Hi Sir,

My computer is under warranty. Only 6 months are passed yet, and every month I face some or the other issue with this system. Totally dissatisfied :emotion-6:. No one on the Dell Customer Support is giving me a satisfactory service and this issue has not been resolved from last 2 months. I'm unable to use my system properly. And my system is running under the latest version of BIOS, i.e, A04, and IRS is Enabled in BIOS, SATA Operations are on ISRT.

5 Posts

September 4th, 2013 07:00

Please some one reply and help me out :emotion-9:

September 5th, 2013 22:00

Hi,

I will defenately do my best to fix your problom. I need 2 days of time if it is O.k. with you.

September 6th, 2013 03:00

Hi,

Please Do the Following Steps and Check and Let me Know the result, i am still doing more reasurch on this issue, still i would appriciate if you do the following steps, But first un install the IRST from the compuoter and Reboot the System.

Copy and download first the Following link, then after restarting the computer, install the second link. then reboot the computer, Then check in the Notification area and see if the Intel Rapid storage Utility is available, Is it is available the issue is resolved.

Link 1 - http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01255407M/2/AHCI_Intel_W8_X05_A01_Setup-6F3Y3_ZPE.exe

Link 2 - http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01177387M/1/Serial-ATA_Driver_FNK9Y_WN_2.1.0.1002_A02.EXE

If still there is Issue, I would Request you to help me with the Screenshots that can give me Clear Pictures of whit is happening.

Thanks,

Regards.

No Events found!