Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 23rd, 2015 09:00

My Windows Product key

My Laptop is Inspiron 14 

After format I am not able to activate my Windows 8,because I did not Have my Windows product key form where i can find my product key.window 8 is pre-install in my laptop

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

July 23rd, 2015 10:00

Windows Eight is different than previous versions and that the Windows product key is stored in the BIOS of the system. When Windows is reinstalled it should be able to scan the BIOS find the Windows key and complete the installation.  You can find more about the Windows 8 product key here.

In the installation process Windows should have been able to find the product key from the BIOS and automatically activate. This Microsoft document details reasons that may cause activation problems.  

This article goes over the different ways in restoring Windows on your system. If you didn't create a system back up disk you may wish to contact tech support in your area and request the disks and go from there.

If you continue to have problems please reply with the methods that you used in formatting the system, and what media was used and we can go from there.

TB

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

July 23rd, 2015 12:00

According to your system configuration you have a Windows 8 Single Language license and not a Windows 8 license.

Use the Windows 8.1 Single Language with Update 1 .iso and prepare a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive for the GPT partition scheme. See here for details:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-microsoft-windows-and-office/download-microsoft-windows/download-windows-8-1-retail-and-oem-iso/

No Events found!