Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

January 4th, 2015 05:00

On my new DELL Inspiron 15. cannot install my Exchange account in Outlook 2007

I bought last week a new Inspiron 15 (3531), which seems OK.

However, I have one showstopper. the Exchange account could not be installed on Outlook 2007. It seems not to get access to the Exchange server, with result it cannot be initialised.

What I tried :

1. install Outlook 2010, same message
  2. install this account on another two DELLs with Windows 8.1 and Outlook 2007 : no problem at all
  3. from within Outlook installing and with optione E-mail (32 bit) from Configuartion screen : no difference

Other E-mail accounts (POP etc) I had no problems with installing.

So I think it is a setting in the factory-software which does not permit to verify the account.

I also reinstalled from factory settimgs without virusscanner/protection, but again same problems. So already present this problem on the Windows image with the system.

Any advise/suggestions ?

Thanks ahead,

Kees

2 Posts

May 9th, 2015 20:00

Hello Kees

I have the same issue. I purchased mine in Jan this year as well and not a problem on my other 2 dell computers.

Did you resolve it? If Yes HOW!

Cheers Mark

6 Posts

August 10th, 2015 20:00

Sorry Mark,

I just now see your mail and I am very late but I resolved the issue.

What did it was the following :

I logged in to Microsoft Office 365 on the web and via Settings you have an option to have your specific PC checked whether al relevant files are present.

In my case two files were missing and they were installed. After this the problem was solved.

I found the solution on Internet.

I am on vacation now, if you have more questions let me know and I can give you more details.

Kees

No Events found!