Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2012 07:00

Synaptics Drivers for Windows 8 Dell xps l502x

There are no drivers for Synaptics uploaded yet.

Please give us drivers with Windows 8 support.

Thanks

1.8K Posts

October 28th, 2012 08:00

Hi,

You can download the touchpad driver for your computer compatible with Windows 8 from link: http://dell.to/RnqLLg 

Steps to download drivers:-

• Click 'Download file' to download the list to a folder you will designate.
  • Click 'Save'. Then designate the folder you would like to save the files to.
  • Once you have designated the folder you would like to save your files to, Click 'OK'.
  • Selected downloads will automatically start downloading. Next is Installation.
  • To start installation, Click Open folder. Right-click a downloaded file and select the option to ‘Run as administrator’.
  • A small window will appear with 'Continue' and 'Exit' buttons, click 'Continue'.
  • In the Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to window, click OK.
  • If a message appears asking to create a folder, click 'Yes'. If a message appears asking to overwrite the folder, click 'Yes to All'.
  • In the All files were successfully unzipped window, click OK.
  • A new window will appear, follow the prompts that appear to finish the installation.
  • Restart your computer. 

Please reply for further clarifications.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

October 28th, 2012 19:00

Synaptics don't have Windows 8 drivers listed yet. However the following driver direct from synaptics here works perfectly on my system.

1 Message

November 16th, 2012 18:00

Hello, I have the same issue for my Dell Precision M6300 -- there aren't any Windows 8 drivers on the Dell Drivers site for my machine. Without the Dell drivers, I have diminished functionality -- for example my touchpad's H- and V-scroll doesn't work. 

Where can I get them?

Thanks!

14 Posts

January 13th, 2013 00:00

The picture is very misleading. The driver is not for Windows 8. If you can see, the Synaptics driver version is still on version 15. Windows 8 drivers are version 16 and support the edge swipe gestures.

The generic Synaptics driver don't work perfectly either. Disabling the touchpad via Fn+F3 doesn't work, and switching tasks using the swipe from left edge doesn't work. But It's what I'm using at the moment until Dell releases a proper Dell touchpad driver for L502X Windows 8.

11 Posts

January 14th, 2013 23:00

I doubt they will.

12 Posts

February 5th, 2013 09:00

Hi, Does anyone know of a way to disable the touch pad in windows 8 as it's very difficult to type without accidently activating the touchpad ! (ideally a Windows 8 driver will be out soon - any news on that Dell ?)

11 Posts

February 5th, 2013 10:00

Assuming that you have installed Dell Quickset. Touch Windows Mobility Center control key. Press "b". Windows Mobility Center will pop up, there you can disable the touchpad.

12 Posts

February 5th, 2013 13:00

Hi, thanks for your reply - yes I have Dell Quickset installed (APP_Quickset_W78_A05_Setup-GMFY2_ZPE.exe) but can't see any options to disable the touchpad in the Windows Mobility Center.

11 Posts

February 6th, 2013 01:00

Can you post a screenshot?

12 Posts

February 6th, 2013 02:00

11 Posts

Try installing touchpad driver. Maybe then it'll show up. Here: drivers.synaptics.com/Synaptics_v16_2_21_C_XP32_Vista32_Win7-32_XP64_Vista64_Win7-64_Win8.zip

11 Posts

It should look like this

14 Posts

February 6th, 2013 03:00

You will need to download Dell Quickset for W8 for that to appear.

www.dell.com/.../xps-l502x

Sorry if the link doesn't work.

But I won't be satisfied until they release a proper W8 touchpad driver for L502X. It pisses me off that this laptop doesn't FULLY support Windows 8.

11 Posts

February 6th, 2013 04:00

He has already installed that version you're referring to.

12 Posts

February 6th, 2013 10:00

Thanks s0ul_reaver, that driver enabled me to switch off the touchpad - much appreciated.

@Dell any indication as to when the L502X specific Windows 8 drivers will be available ?

No Events found!