Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 26th, 2012 02:00

Win8 (Pro) - How to install new OS from DVD?

Hi, I have just finished downloading the Win8 upgrade of 2.6 GB. There was a munu for me to choose "Intall" or "Install by creating a disc". I have choose "Install by creating a disc" > Next > Save the ISO file at my drive C. The file was a Window Zip file . I want to write this file to my DVD, I copied it from drive C ans paste it to my DVD and click Burn to CD. The system takes about 5 minutes to complete the burning. However, when I want to install Win 8 from this CD, I find that the file still is a Window zip file. I use Winzip to open it, but could not find the "RUN" button. May I know if I have doine the correct things? Appreciate very much if someone knowledgeble ciuld show me the way. Thank you

• 

17K Posts

October 26th, 2012 10:00

SengKuang,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

At the link below are steps to make your windows 8 ISO a bootable usb or dvd.

How to Create a Bootable USB or DVD with a Windows 8 ISO

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

October 26th, 2012 10:00

Hi SengKuang,

It appears that you have not used 'Windows USB/DVD download tool'. This is a 'Microsoft utility' that helps us to burn the ISO file on a blank DVD aptly and make it a boot-able device. It is good that you've already downloaded the ISO on C drive. Please follow the below mentioned steps to burn the ISO appropriately:

- Click http://bit.ly/gdCUBs to download and install

- Locate the ISO file on c drive using the 'Browse' button

- Click 'DVD'

- Click 'Begin Burning'

You are finished burning the DVD and can now upgrade with your bootable DVD. Boot the computer with the DVD and select 'Upgrade' to finish the installation.

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

1 Rookie

• 

76 Posts

October 26th, 2012 16:00

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for your help.

The problem is now resolved.

Best Regards

Low

1 Rookie

• 

76 Posts

October 26th, 2012 16:00

Thanks Jesse

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

October 29th, 2012 05:00

Hi SengKuang,

Glad that your issue is fixed; thank you for conforming. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

October 29th, 2012 14:00

Hi SengKuang

If you need any more information regarding the install have a look at my wiki A Clean install of Windows 8.

Some additional resources:

There is a free Dell Windows 8 for Dummies guide available from here.

In addition there is a number of useful videos here.

No Events found!