Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2017 19:00

Windows 8.1 lock screen won't change

I've done a bit of research on this problem, and it seems to be quite common.  I can't change my lock screen picture in Windows 8.1.  Would appreciate help on this.  I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5551 and am using a Windows 8.1 OS.  Thanks

• 

17K Posts

July 13th, 2017 06:00

StevenPol

You can click the link below to watch the youtube video. Th video is not a Dell Video, but users are saying it worked for them. 

Problem with Lockscreen Windows 8.1

12 Posts

July 14th, 2017 07:00

the video didn't work for me.  It didn't really have any answer to the lockscreen problem.  I had to to a reset on the computer, which took an entire day to complete.  The lockscreen now works.  I've found the reset process to be valuable, but extremely time consuming, as you have to reload all your apps, all the windows updates, and most of the installed programs.  The lockscreen issue must have something to do with the registry which the reset process puts back to default.  I've had more problems with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 than I ever thought possible.  It might be time to go back to Windows 7 Professional.  Now that was a system that worked well.  Thanks for your help.

9 Posts

December 31st, 2017 01:00

Here is how to change windows 10 Lock screen timings

1 – Click on windows key in the extreme bottom left of your screen and then click on settings.

2 – Click on Personalization in the setting window.

3 – Now, in the left menu click on Lock screen. After that scroll down in the right side and click on Screen timeout settings.

4 – Now, in the next screen change the time settings to a higher level. If you want to disable them, choose never from the dropdown.

Source:- merabheja.com/.../

No Events found!