Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2014 11:00

Windows 8 restore to factory settings

I have a Inspiron14R  laptop(ultrabook). When i try to restore it to factory settings i get the message to insert media. My laptop came with win8 pre installed along with all the drivers and a partition that is supposed to conatin all the drivers. My service tag id is 8B5GMV1.

I have a CD for win8OS but the drives are all in the HD partition that i cannot access.

I just want to get my laptop to factory settings how do i do that?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 28th, 2014 01:00

Hi ssjadhav07,

Please perform the following steps to restore the system back to factory state.

1. Plug in the AC adapter.

2. Point to the right hand corner of the screen to bring up the charms bar.

3. Click Settings.

4. Select ‘PC settings, In the PC settings window, select ‘General’.

5. Once “General is selected, on the right side scroll down to click on ‘Restart Now’ under Advanced settings’

6. In the next screen click on ‘Trouble shoot’.

7. Click theDell Backup and Recovery icon.

8. The system restarts and comes back up, click ‘Next’ on the Dell Backup and Recovery Screen.

9. The system would be checked to see if the smart repair option can fix the issue, click ‘Next’ once this is done.

10. You will be prompted to select the backup to be used, click the factory image option or select from one of the backups. Click Next.

11. You will be prompted to back up your files, if needed do so by selecting the option ‘Yes, backup my personal files’ (Make sure to have an external backup hard drive handy.) or select No, Erase my files.

12. The system goes ahead and completes the restore of the operating system. Click Restart when prompted.

13. Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the system with windows.

Note: Please backup your files before following the steps above to recovery to factory state.

1 Message

March 2nd, 2021 12:00

restore to factory settings

No Events found!