Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 13th, 2015 15:00

A major bug in the latest SupportAssist / Dell Diag Control Device

Just fixed this issue with a customers Vostro 3750.

The latest Support drivers cause DPC latency of half a second at a time once every 60 seconds and a lot more smaller pauses in between. The problem can be seen as mouse cursor is stuck for a moment and if there's audio, you'll hear a buzzing sound.

See more user experiences at: http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/361186-audio-stutters-buzzing-caused-dpc-latency.html

A correct solution at the moment seems to be disabling the system device Dell Diag Control Device (i.e. DDDriver64Dcsa.sys) until new version is published.

Hope this helps someone to avoid all the troubleshooting we had to do...

greetings,

THe

3 Posts

February 23rd, 2017 09:00

THIS PROBLEM IS STILL HAPPENING IN 2017.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              1556.173122

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       DDDriver64Dcsa.sys - DDDriver.sys, Dell Computer Corporation

I took this reading from my  brand new system last night while debugging an audio recording program. How nice to find after two years it's actually NOT fixed.

Who actually and formally responds to this support issue?

-K

May 29th, 2018 00:00

I would like to respond with "May 2018 and the problem is still there".

In January I purchased a high end Precision 5520, and besides other issues, had the cursor (wireless mouse) freezing on the screen when launching an application, opening a web page, or any other time when the processor is executing a task. The touch pad however keeps working correctly. In working with the Dell pro support, I have had the 1T SSD replaced, next the motherboard, and finally Dell replaced the laptop. However, the issue continues.

In doing an internet search, I found many other people with similar issues (besides sound issues) , and what was really amazing was the fact that it all concerned Dell PCs.

After lots of research I decided to install LatencyMon, and immediately  a red flag was given for DDDriver64Dcsa.sys, with a DPC Latency of over 200 ms.

I have notified the Dell Pro support of the issue, but I don't expect that much will be done. Of primary importance for Dell are the corporate customers, and these customers remove the support software. As such they will never have any issues.

No Events found!