Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2004 13:00

ACRORD32.Exe has caused an error....?

One day my Acrobat Reader 6.0.1 decides to act up (kept getting Acrord32.exe has caused an error and will now close please restart comp.) and I try to reinstall the software from a web site. Yes the site was on the up and up. But since then my Acrobat has all these conflicts with another program opening...so I got ride of the 3-4 applications that conficted with the Acrobat (like Accessibility.api and PhotoApplication.api) and the Acrobat worked but the Acrord32.exe keeps coming up after several restarts and a scan disk and defrag. How can I fix the missing exe.? I tried to Search Files for it and nothing came up.

3 Posts

January 7th, 2004 09:00

So, I'll offer my own fix as I "goofed" around waiting for the correct way to go.

I basically went into my files for Adobe 6.0 by using a file search for anything Adobe. I found files from 4 years ago. I simply went ahead and waited for a chosen file to display it's date. I deleted any file with a date older than my last 6.0 download. Then I went to My Programs and did a Neposystems repair (not reinstall).

Note: I hope this helps anyone who happens to be befuddled by Acrord32.exe error messages. I am NOT a professional software person.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 9th, 2004 22:00

Adobe is a buggy program, but you don't really have much choice but to use it.

Thanks for posting back with your tip!

2 Posts

January 14th, 2004 01:00

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Tried everything else.  This was the one that worked - no info at Adobe.

74 Posts

January 16th, 2004 00:00

tib:  I have a question.  What is a neposystems repair and how do you do it.  I'm  kinda new to this computer game and from reading the community board it does seem like one big happy game.

3 Posts

January 20th, 2004 16:00

Well, first of all it is NOT spelled as i originally had it displayed. Correctly spelled: Netopsystems. Sorry for the confusion. If you download the 6.0.1 version it will be displayed on your desktop as a red icon with a white triangle. As far as I can tell it will set-up your adobe reader if it ever becomes corrupted again. I believe it only comes with the latest ver. 6.0.1. It will not show if you download anything older from the web site: adobe.com/products/acrobat.

Goodluck and I hope my reading skills improve as well.  

January 21st, 2004 15:00

I tried everything. I uninstalled everything I had with the word adobe in it, it still didn't work. Magically after reading your post and following your directions it started working. Thanks for your advice. My job depends on reading pdf files.

1 Message

March 2nd, 2004 20:00

tib, you're pure genius. A fter hours of trying to solve the problem by un/reintsalling I came you idea. I'm using win98. this is how I did it. Uninstalled acrobat reader. Deleted C:\program files\adobe and C:\windows\adobe. Did a file search for acrord32.exe and deleted it. Reinstalled reader and like new. Thanks

March 3rd, 2004 13:00

Thanks, of course my wife has to agree that I am genius. Not really though, I'm just persistent.
No Events found!