Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 19th, 2012 03:00

About My Previously Busted (Daw!!) Dell Optiplex 210L, Thanks..

I have a Dell Optiplex that my uncle sold to my mother about a month and a half ago. It seems to be busted (or the hardware is broken), so we sent it to our local computer technician. He changed the O.S., and added different software, like Tune-up Utilities, USB Anti-Virus and AVG 2012. It seems kind of blurry, and the desktop wallpaper changed to pure "black". The former wallpaper is not in it's usual self (it's blurrier than when it was first brought to us), and the sprites are blurry. The former softwares installed with the system are all gone. When I checked the Program Files folder, there are no SETUPs. I used ERDNT, and it reverted back to the old wallpaper (I don't know about the O.S.). The DVD Burner is also busted, and wouldn't open, just lights up and reads. And also, there maybe malicious and hacking software installed in my system that I may don't know of, because it stalls when I use a broadband internet stick, like when I install something or download. Is that O.K., Thanks..:emotion-6:

September 19th, 2012 04:00

Hi,

The system should have optimal memory (RAM) to support the softwares that are installed.
Please check the RAM by doing a right click on My Computer and select properties, you will see the RAM presently installed on this system. You can upgrade up to maximum 2GB of RAM on your system.
Please refer to the snapshot below for properties of My Computer:

We can also try to boot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking.
To boot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, please switch on the computer and start tapping the F8 key which would take you to Advanced Boot Option screen. Using the up and down arrow key, select Safe Mode with Networking to boot the computer into Safe Mode with Networking. Clean the temporary files and folders by typing %temp% in Run. This will clear any temporary files and folders from the system and will also clear some space.

While you are in Safe Mode with Networking, I would also suggest you to do a selective startup by going into msconfig.Type msconfig and Run and press Enter. Select the Startup Tab and perform a clean boot of windows by editing the startup to disable 3rd party software’s causing the system to slow down. Restart the system and check.

Uninstall the unwanted programs and also would suggest you to install one antivirus as multiple antiviruses will not work properly.

Please reply with the results.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

September 19th, 2012 07:00

Screen going black is Windows Genuine Failure.

Description of the behavior of reduced functionality mode in ...

support.microsoft.com/kb/925582

The Optiplex 210 is very old.

• Processor Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
  • Memory 256.0 MB
  • Hard Drive 80.0 GB
  • Operating System Windows XP Home

Optiplex Machines DO NOT COME WITH A RECOVERY PARTITION.

4.4K Posts

May 29th, 2013 05:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                

No Events found!