Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2007 23:00

Administrative Tools unusable

I can open the Administrative Tools control panel, but when I try to open any one of the tools (e.g. Reliability and Performance Monitor) I get the message "The service cannot accept control messages at this time."

I'm using Vista, Home Premium Edition, and an Administrator account.

Any ideas about the problem?

26 Posts

No, same result.

12.7K Posts

Restart the PC, will it work now?

12.7K Posts

December 17th, 2007 02:00

I cannot find much info on the error in relation to admin tools and Vista, most of the google hits are in relation to server software and IIS, some for XP when there are 2 or more PC's on a home network with the same computer name, but is also related to IE.

I might suspect Malware or a virus.

64 Posts

December 22nd, 2007 18:00

Was having Admin access problems myuself but digging around I did get one answer to some of the problems.. It makes sense when you think about it.
If you preform a system restore, to jsut undo a driver or whatever, weather an hour or days....If you changed your Administrator password to a point after your restore point.... you ain't the Admin any more. Did that I changed my password and did a restore for "security issues". Well it's secure my "Administrator account has beenn disabled.... please see your system adminstartor..." That the message. well if that was any help or at least a caution
No Events found!