Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2007 03:00

Adobe error "warning 20225", no Adobe PDF printer after installing Acrobat Pro 6.0/7.0

Hello All, I get this error from the Adobe installer....(I also found it by searching at Google on "warning 20225", choose the 1st entry)

When I tried to install at work both Acrobat 6 Pro and Acrobat 7 Pro on a Pentium 4 Dell Optiplex GX520 PC with win XP sp2. In past 4 weeks I have installed Acrobat 6 Pro on a Pentium 4 Acer PC, and a Pentium 4 HP PC, both with win XP sp2. Both installed Adobe fully and installed the Adobe PDF printer as well.
For all 3 PC's I performed the install from the local hard drive and while logged into the local workation only.
All 3 PC's have almost identical applications and network printer models. An issue with Dell PC's and Adobe 6/7 Pro and Std? Any ideas welcome, thanks.
I have pasted in the rest of the relevant Adobe tech note below from the link. They mention up to 14 solutions to fix the problem, but i notice other people on the web think it is not an Adobe issue.
Note, none of the 3 PC's have ever used a Dell or Lexmark printer:

Issue....Windows 2000 and Windows XP only

When you install Adobe Acrobat, one of the following issues occurs:

-- The Acrobat installer returns the error message, "Warning 20225: Adobe Acrobat [version] Setup was unable to create a new item: Adobe PDF Converter. The Adobe PDF Printer may be unavailable. GetLastError: The specified module could not be found." When you click OK, the installer returns the error again and completes the installation, but the Adobe PDF printer doesn't appear in Printers And Faxes in the Windows Control Panel.

-- The Adobe PDF printer doesn't appear in Printers And Faxes in the Windows Control Panel.

-- PDFMaker returns the error message, "PDFMaker cannot locate the Adobe PDF Printer's printer driver. Please re-install Adobe Acrobat 7.0" the first time you try to create a PDF.

-- The Acrobat installer returns the error message, "Warning 20225. Adobe Acrobat 7.0.5 set up was unable to create a new item Adobe PDF Port & Printer. The Adobe Printer may be unavailable. GetLastError: The data area passed to a system call is too small."

Details

The Acrobat installer also returns the "Warning 20225..." error when you install the Acrobat Professional or Standard 7.0.5 update.

A Lexmark or Dell printer is installed or the lexbce service is attached to the Print Spooler service.

No Responses!
No Events found!