Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 15th, 2022 09:00

Alert to Dell latitude 3520 about BIOS update

Latitude 3520

Latitude 3520

I highly recommend doing not update the bios to v1.22.0 of your laptop dell latitude 3520 (i7 / 11th) ...
Today i update to BIOS version (Latitude_3420_Latitude_3520_1.22.0.exe) and when the pc started the update, stuck on - 0% saving manifest - and after that i wait for 4h and nothing happened ... i tried to shut down but ... until, i plug out the charge of my PC and battery discharged ... and the happy news that i still access to recovery mode of bios ...

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

October 18th, 2022 06:00

Ok, well when you get to Humans in there they are trying to help, but it seems that this is "one of those" problems. Last recommendation was to let battery drain out. So don't bother them, they have more easier problems to fix.

But waiting takes too long... so next thing https://youtu.be/yQMty8A_C-E

If you have never opened a laptop, I would not recommend, and I didn't like how fragile the battery connector looked like.

After returning mains power to laptop, it seem to go forward almost instantly, so it leads to believe that everything critical has already been done before. So there seems to be very low risk of powering down causing extra damage to bios data.

Also, if you support multiple these laptops, maybe remove automatic updates for dell command. Why upgrade BIOS, if it's not broken.

This was a risk of unnessesary upgrades happenstance.

1 Message

October 18th, 2022 07:00

I've got a user stuck here as well, drained the battery overnight, but still nothing. Can't have him remove the back case and disconnect the battery. for him, sadly it's a bricked workstation and I've got to ship him a new device.

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

October 18th, 2022 08:00

If longer charging of battery won't resurrect it, then you would be first to report bricked (completely unrecoverable) device from this update. I'd be more hopeful that it remains temporary. Charge completely full overnight / overday.

October 18th, 2022 10:00

I'm able to load Windows, but Office products are not able to sign in due to a TPM error.

October 18th, 2022 10:00

I was able to get into the BIOS for one of our devices and there are no options for the TPM module to enable or anything

October 18th, 2022 20:00

plug ac power and wait till it over 20 then retry .... it will fix and reboot by it self...

1 Message

October 19th, 2022 18:00

I was facing with this problem too.

Dell suggested me to

1. unplug the AC adapter

2. remove the base cover

3. remover the battery cable

4. re install the battery cable

5. re install the base cover

6. plug in the AC adapter

7. button power on

8. the laptop go through the BIOS recovery

then the problem solve.

7 Posts

October 20th, 2022 03:00

I've just had an update from support to say this BIOS update has now been pulled and a new one is due to be released.

Community Manager

• 

2.6K Posts

October 21st, 2022 06:00

The team needs clarification from all.

Does the issue happen by installing the update from within Windows -and/or- by installing the update via the restart, F12 menu?

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

October 24th, 2022 05:00

@DELL-Nathalia M 

Hi,

While using Dell Command within Windows.

Have not tested this via F12, who uses those anymore.  

I have one still on old version, I could try that tomorrow.

Please pm me a link to bios file, as version was pulled/hidden from public. (latest I see 1.20.0 versus 1.22.0)

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

November 7th, 2022 07:00

Updating from 1.20.0 to 1.23.2 ; It works ok.

Used executable to update and took about 3 minutes to actually flash. I had only 2 modules to update, "BIOS" and "BIOS connect". Manifest was saved in a blink of an eye.  

thanks all

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

November 9th, 2022 07:00

Glad to hear this, thanks for the update!

November 12th, 2022 06:00

Omg ! today i update my bios and stuck on Saving manifest 0 %

November 12th, 2022 06:00

My laptop battery will died after this second failed update !

1 Message

November 14th, 2022 12:00

We are facing this issue today. We were prompted with a popup that our laptop required updates, and we selected the recommended firmware and BIOS update. Now we have this same issue and are waiting for the battery to die per the recommendations in this thread. This is impacting our employee and support staff and is hugely disappointing. 

No Events found!