Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 17th, 2015 13:00

Alienware M17X R4 - Windows 7 not Genuine

I have an Alienware M17x R4 with Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit). For the past couple of months, suddenly the "Windows 7 not genuine" message has started coming up. I have tried all the tips and tricks provided in various forums (reinstall Intel IRST drivers, copy this file from here to there, rearm etc.) but no luck.

I suspect this started after I reinstalled Windows because I changed one of the faulty hard drives. I have two 500 GB HDDs in RAID 0. The hard drive change was done as part of the service request that I had raised with Dell. Along with the HDD, the DVD drive and speakers were also changed by the Dell representative. Please note the new parts were also provided by Dell. The Windows reinstallation was done using the Dell Windows reinstallation DVD provided through the same service request. Even all the drivers were installed under Dell's guidance over phone.

Can anyone please suggest what other options I can try to have my already genuine Windows validated as genuine?

• 

17K Posts

November 18th, 2015 06:00

K_Pat,

Your computer is not properly communicating with its slic table. Change your product key to the one on your COA by following the information below.

click start, type slui 3, press enter.

Information to activate Windows 7 again with Microsoft after reinstallation.

How to Make Windows 7 Genuine again after HW change and reinstallation.

3 Posts

November 18th, 2015 17:00

Dear Jesse L

I do have one other question. If tomorrow I make any other hardware changes or reinstall Win 7 for some other and I get this same issue, will this solution work again?

3 Posts

November 18th, 2015 17:00

Dear Jesse L

It worked!!! My Windows 7 is genuine again. Thanks for your help.

• 

17K Posts

November 20th, 2015 07:00

K_Pat,

Yes., I would think it would.

No Events found!