Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 21st, 2013 12:00

Antilogger SDK Version 1.4.6.637

I just reformatted an Inspiron 1300. I do not have much on it right now. I checked in the Control Panel under Programs and see I have the above.  I am not sure how this was installed. I did install Comcast's Constant Guard and their Nortorn Security Suite and a cloud back upservice called Carbonite. I also installed MAM,

and CCleaner

When I did a search of Antilogger SDK it appears to be a legimate program. Anyone have an idea where this came from and suggestions on whether I should keep this.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

January 24th, 2013 15:00

It is part of the Norton/Comcast security suite.  It prevents keylogging programs from seeing your keystrokes (so as to steal account numbers and passwords and such).  Went through this when updating my parents' computer to Windows 7 ... had to uninstall/reinstall - could not type any number row characters into a browser.

1 Message

January 24th, 2013 14:00

I'm wondering the exact same thing!  It's installed on my Inspiron 570 desktop, but I've no clue where it came from, or if I should leave it there.

2 Intern

• 

2.7K Posts

January 25th, 2013 14:00

theflash1932, It must be part of Constant Guard (from Comcast). I have the Norton Security Suite on several computers. However I do not have the Antilogger on these computers.

I do have Constant Guard along with Norton on one particular laptop and this program-Antilogger- shows in the Control Panel under Add/Remove Programs.. Thanks for the answer.  

1 Message

January 29th, 2013 09:00

Thank you for that brief write-up regarding this installed software that comes bundled with Comcast Free Software package...

You, most likely, just saved me from at least a small round of somewhat fruitless hunting - this thank you is not limited to THEFLASH1932, but to all of the people that both questioned and answered on this string!  Thank you for taking the time to create and add your knowledge to this Dell Q&A site.

lmc

(lmc33)

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

January 29th, 2013 09:00

I believe Comcast's Constant Guard is powered by Norton and is bundled with a few "extras" (that's what I meant by "Norton/Comcast security suite").

2 Intern

• 

2.7K Posts

January 29th, 2013 11:00

Comcast's Constant Guard does come with Comcast's Norton Securty Suite. After I installed Comcast's Constant Guard and the Norton Security Suite I uninstalled Constant Guard.

2 Intern

• 

2.7K Posts

January 29th, 2013 11:00

Comcast's Constant Guard does come with Comcast's Norton Securty Suite. After I installed Comcast's Constant Guard and the Norton Security Suite I uninstalled Constant Guard.

1 Message

February 13th, 2013 12:00

Thanks for the info , had me baffled 0n where it came from

2 Intern

• 

2.7K Posts

February 13th, 2013 16:00

You are welcome.

March 25th, 2013 07:00

heres link to remove

"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ZALSDK_uninst\unins000.exe"

No Events found!