Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2009 04:00

Anyone having idea that how to create dell driver components for windows XP embedded or from where can these be found.

I am working on windows XP embedded image that we are creating for Dell Optiplex 360 desktop machine.
I am currently facing problems to create dell drivers component for windows XPe, and also unable to find the ones from internet.
Anyone having the idea how to create the components or from where to find. For testing purposes I've installed the windows XP professional on this system and then installed the drivers manually from CD and following drivers have been installed:
i.  BroadCom NetLink gigabit ethernet  [for LAN]
ii. Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family [for VGA]
iii.SoundMax Integerated Digital High Definition Audio [for Audio]
iv .SM bus controller

but right now i want to create components for all of these and want to add them in target designer so that these can be automatically installed when windows XPe image will be deployed on target machine.

Any help!

1 Message

February 25th, 2012 02:00

If you search the Dell support site under How to install drivers in the correct order, you will find a program called DSS, Desktop software support. This is the first item you download in the quest for downloading software in the proper order. Supposedly if not done in specific order, some drivers will not work properly. Hope this was of some help.

P.S. I'm having locating the sm bus controller driver. How did you access that driver? Thanks if you can help. Rokcney

No Events found!