Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 13th, 2006 08:00

Bad_Pool_Caller

Hi i have tried to repair my windows xp to try and fix my computer.

When windows xp has about 33mins left to install it comes up with  this error:

BAD_POOL_CALLER

STOP 0X00000007, 0X00000CD4, 0X00340045, 0XE17EC7C4

When i switch on my computer i am just stuck in the installer with this error keep on coming up.

Could Someone please help me!

1 Rookie

• 

26 Posts

August 13th, 2006 08:00

Hi stargazier,

Have you tried a clean install (involving a format at the beginning)?

2 Intern

• 

596 Posts

August 13th, 2006 17:00

Be sure to disconnect all external peripherals except mouse, keyboard and monitor before doing the Installation.If your mouse or keyboard is wireless use one that is not. 

4 Posts

August 13th, 2006 18:00

I also have this problem, I have reset my computer to the specs it had when it arrived as a new computer, except for the fact of the RAM i put in, although I doubted that that would have had any impact on the reinstallation. I removed a new sound card because it requires XP SP2, and also a new graphics card when the problem repeated. I put the old graphics card back in, and removed both a new hard drive and a new DVD burner drive. My computer is a Dell Dimension 4600. I do not want to perform a clean installation with a reformatting because of the extensive data loss that that will create on my old hard drive (the one that came factory-installed. the new one i have as a slave drive) obviously, i have another computer here, but i was wondering if putting my old HD into this other comp would allow me to back up the files on the HD to my new HD? (doubt it, but it might be possible?) is there anything else i could do to complete the reinstallation without performing a clean installation? (the repair reinstallation stops about 2/3's of the way through installing devices, if that will help) i cannot restart in safe mode as the error message suggests, as this still causes the installation to start over again. please, any information will be helpful.

NOTE: my Technical Information is slightly different: ***STOP: 0x000000C2 (0x00000007, 0x00000CD4, 0x00340045, 0xE378DC4C)

1 Rookie

• 

26 Posts

August 14th, 2006 01:00

Im new to analysing the actual error message but according to microsoft it was attempting to free a pool that was already freed (of what chlorine?.. sorry for the lame humor), and the header information (contained in parameter 3) lets just say i dont know how to translate 0x00340045 into a pool header.

Can you try and post the memory dump? maybe we can do somthing with it (most likley located in %SystemRoot%\Minidump, just go Start > Run then paste %SystemRoot%\Minidump and hit enter.)

4 Posts

August 14th, 2006 17:00

I'm sorry, but posting the memory dump is quite impossible. I was (and still am) doing a repair reinstallation of Windows XP, and it stops while installing devices. XP WILL NOT START, in Safe Mode or otherwise. i am afraid of removing the XP CD, in case it screws the whole thing up and i end up having to reformat my hard drive - which is the last thing i want to do. my hard drive has a multitude of non-backed-up data i do not wish to lose. if you have no other suggestions for me, however, i will do a clean reinstallation and completely reformat my hard drive. however, in future, if i create a partition on my HD for XP (and XP alone) will i be able to do a clean reinstall without having any data loss on the other partitions?
No Events found!