Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2017 16:00

Blue Screen 0xc0000000d Boot Corruption

I have a new Dell 11 3000 series laptop. It has been OK up until the latest mega-update by MS. Now it wont boot into Windows. I have files on the C: drive ready to be backed up - and I can't access them. How on earth can I get the damned thing to reboot? 

I thought of using Linux Puppy to run in RAM and at least be able to copy my files to an external drive but since the \boot files are corrupt \i can't even change the boot priorities..

I've heard that only full restore and reset of Win 10 can get things back to normal - but that will mean losing all of my files - 400GB worth.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

May 22nd, 2017 19:00

Do you have a recovery drive or Windows Install media you could boot to?

The Boot corruption message is meant for the current boot setting.  Possibly something has corrupted your Boot file, but you should still be able to use the F12 key when booting and select a bootable device.

I suppose folks will also suggest using the boot diagnostic which may also be accessible from the F12 menu.

If you can boot the install media you may be able to repair your system, depending on what is actually wrong.

If you get the boot media, we may be able to gather info about the problem.  I don't know about Linux Puppy but you should be able to boot to an Ubuntu install media and not install just run that OS and move your files.

No Events found!