Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2005 19:00

Blue Screen - Invalid Work Queue Item

Hi,

I have a 2-year old Dimension 2400. I've been getting the BSOD periodically when trying to shut off my computer the past few weeks. Never had this problem before. Here is the info:

Ox00000096 (OxFF7824D8, Ox80561440, Ox80561440, OxF90BEBF0)

NDIS.SYS

Invalid_Work_Queue_Item

I'm not very computer literate. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Leslie

June 30th, 2005 19:00

I may have an answer, but first more information is needed? Do you have Win XP? Also, is your hard drive FAT or NTFS, and did you convert to NTFS recently? Also, did you install any software around the time of the problem?
A quick fix may be to run Windows Update.

3 Posts

June 30th, 2005 21:00

Thank you for responding. I do have XP, and my file system is NTFS. I don't know how long my computer has been NTFS.

When the blue screens started, I downloaded Dell Crash Analysis Tool. It showed 2 of the drivers for Roxio as being bad or outdated. I tried downloading the most recent drivers from the Roxio website, but then 1 driver kept showing up in the Crash Analysis Tool. I then uninstalled Roxio. When I run the Crash Analysis Tool nothing shows up now, but I'm still getting the blue screens.

I hadn't downloaded any software that I know of around when this problem started.

I have my computer set up to install Windows Updates automatically.

If you need any more info, please let me know.

Thank you,
Leslie

3 Posts

July 1st, 2005 12:00

Just an update:

This morning I went to the DLink website and updated the driver for my DLink Wireless USB Adapter. I went ahead and downloaded the update even though XP told me it wasn't digitally signed by Microsoft. Could this have taken care of my problem? I remember someone saying on another board that NDIS.SYS problems usually have to do with network drivers.

Leslie

Message Edited by lesliet66 on 07-01-2005 09:10 AM

No Events found!